13: Short-lived Passion

Chapter 13

Louisiana

Chelmsford Vesarius. Archadler Vesarius. Is that even possible? One soul in two bodies? Does reincarnation really exists?

I was breathing heavily when I tried to focus my sight. The man inside my head. His blurred image was so clear now, and he was actually in front of me. His worried face was so familiar. I could familiarize some of Chelmsford’s features in the person in front of me now.

Is that why he has some resemblance of Chelmsford? Is that the reason why he always made me feel inexplicable emotions?

He looks really worried while looking at me. He tried to cover his worries using his confused look, but it didn’t escape. His gaze turned to my lips. I could sensed how dry it is now. Then, he held my waist for support and tightened his grip on it.

I always lose consciousness when someone triggers a scenario that I can’t determine. I was also confused if it was part of my life or not. It also impossible to be a part of my life with such a dead Chelmsford.

Is it possible that they really looked for each other in the next life? I had goosebumps. Then, I looked at Archadler in shock. He looked amused because of it. If my guesses are correct, there is a possibility that the great Chelmsford Vesarius reincarnated to the man here in front of me today, Archadler Vesarius. And, if so, can Lady Morrigan reincarnate in me?

Is that why I get an uneasy sensations whenever I see him? Is it just me, or does he do the something similar all the time? Is it why he has the ability to make me nervous all of the time?

“Are you okay? Your lips immediately became pale.” He sounded so worried now. His brows were furrowed while staring at me.

My breathing became faster, and as I continued to build myself up properly, I took a big breath to relax. After a few minutes, my breathing was likewise normal. And, yet, Adler's grasp on my waist was still there.

He was about to talk when I gestured him to shut up. “You’ll take me on a date, right?” He nodded for a response. “Then, take me to a coffee shop. Let’s have a coffee date together.” I smiled to him for reassurance.

I am okay. I sighed as I shook my head. That feeling was so sudden, huh.

He tightened his grip on my waist. Then, he nodded even though he looked confused at my actions. I looked down on his grip on my waist. My lips parted as I bit my lower lip to stop myself from smiling.

I sighed as I calm my self down. No! No! This can’t be. I should not feel this way. Oh God! Not this man. Maybe Morrigan loved him, but I will never.

I am not Clarisiana! We’re different, so I shouldn’t fall for this man.

When we arrived at Caffeine, he walked forward, being ahead to me now. Then, I was a little bit surprised when he did that just to open a door for me.

“Thank you.” I muttered, then I matched his walk.

He glanced at me then held my hand for an unknown reason. I looked at him with my confused eyes. I raised my brow when he also glanced at me.

“You can stop doing that.” I whispered after looking around because we’re getting the people’s attention. “Archadler.” I called emphatically when he didn’t respond to me.

He gave me a look, a little bit smiling. “What? Is this not an appropriate thing for a man who take his girl for a date?” I glared at him. “Hmm?”

I slapped his hands slightly. “I am not a girl, and especially, I am not your girl.”

He looked at me in awe. His lips parted as he shook his head to chuckle. “You really talk like Lady Morrigan, hmm. She didn’t also like people call her a girl.”

I rolled my eyes for a response. “Whatever you say, Adler.” I whispered as I leave him behind.

I started walking towards a vacant table, ignoring those sharp stares that girls are throwing at me. If the look is deathly, I already have been dead. My brows were both furrowed while walking. So what if I am having a date with your crush? Huh? Is that forbidden? It’s not even my choice.

In irritation, I glanced at them back. Then, they immediately looked away, not even wanting to meet my dark eyes. Damn. This is a bad day! Don’t even try to mess with me.

I might not be able to estimate those girls and will accidentally kill them. I unconsciously became calm when I felt Archadler beside me. I glanced at him blankly.

He just shrugged his shoulders as he looked at me. “Don’t make a mess. Just calm down. Okay?” A small smile escaped his lips.

I nodded and then, sighed. He also nodded at me and make his way to my waist again. He held it, and pulled me closer to him. I heard his chuckle on my ears.

“Focus on us.” He chuckled again and I felt an electrical sensation when his breath touched my ears.

I ignored his last words, then I left him behind me again. I heard his small laugh when I did that. I instantly make myself seated on the chair. I leaned my back on a chair. I crossed my both arms and legs as I looked at Adler making his self sit on a chair.

He pulled the chair before sitting. Then, he looked at me. I just raised a brow at him for a response. Instead, I held the menu, and he held the menu for him, as well. He laughed softly and was still slightly shaken his head by my act. He glanced at the counter, and gestured the waiter to come over him.

The waiter approached Adler quickly. He immediately prepared the pen and writing paper. He came slightly closer to Adler as he began to speak.

His eyes shrunked. “One americano for me.” He stated then he glanced at me. “What’s yours?” He asked as the waiter write his order.

“Hmm..” I grazed my thumb on my lips and almost stared blankly at the menu. It was obvious, I shouldn’t pick on the menu. Because, whenever I am having a bad day, I always choose... “Macchiato for me.” I stated.

“Okay, Ma’am, Sir. One americano, and one macchiato, right?” The waiter told us.

Adler and I nodded as we both responded to a waiter. “Yes, obviously.” I muttered as I rolled my eyes.

“Just wait for four to five minutes for your order, Ma’am and Sir. Enjoy your time.” The waiter smiled, ignoring my rudeness.

Adler smiled, and then, immediately glared at me when the waiter left. I just smirked at him and rolled my eyes.

“What made you rude, woman?” He asked, emphasizing the word, woman. “Is that because I called you a girl? Then, pardon me. I didn’t mean to.” He spoke continuously.

I shook my head. Even I, I also don’t know what I’m up against. Maybe it’s because I have a weird feeling for him. Tss. I can’t tell him how I feel, and, what’s the reason why I am like this.

Why so sudden? What’s this called? An infatuation? Maybe, I am developing an infatuation towards Adler. Then, it will be just a short–lived passion but also an intense one.

It will fade eventually.

&.&