15

seeing jeno in real life versus watching him in videos were two very different things, yoonmi realized.

for starters, jeno was a lot taller than anticipated. yoonmi, who typically stood at 5'5, was shocked to find herself looking up at the dark haired boy.

secondly, jeno's pictures might have been attractive but they couldn't prepare her for seeing his face off of a screen. he was nothing short of ethereal, with a handsome nose and pretty lips. underneath his eye, there was a mole that accentuated his beauty even further.

how nice would it be, she thought, to kiss him right there.

"yoonmi," he said, surveying her with wide eyes.

"jeno," she responded with a smile.

yoonmi put great effort into her outfit today. she was clad in a salmon pink dress and cropped cardigan. she'd done her makeup a bit more carefully than usual and even gone to the length of straightening her hair.

he cleared his throat and looked away, focusing his eyes on her apartment complex and the surrounding buildings. "you live in a nice area." he pointed out, avoiding eye contact.

"thanks. so shall we?" she gestured to his car.

"oh yeah," he said, as if he just remembered what he'd come here for. he opened the passenger side door before going around and sitting in the driver's seat.

yoonmi blushed at his gesture, choosing to ignore the fact that he wouldn't look her in the eye, and entered the car.

"so, where are we going first!"

"seatbelt, please."

yoonmi rolled her eyes, putting on her seatbelt before facing jeno again. "so, where are we going first?" she repeated.

jeno hummed in thought. "the mall is closest, right? and if we have to go to two places in there, might as well head there first."

yoonmi clapped her hands together. "ya, jeno. you are a genius."

jeno rolled his eyes this time, starting his car and pulling out of the driveway.

__

"plush, check. jacket, check. shoes, check. all that's left is..."

jeno raised his eyebrows. "there's more gifts to get?"

yoonmi shook her head with a mischievous smile. "no, not a gift."

"well, what is it? we still have a few more stores to go to."

"buy me that please." she asked cutely, pointing at a small sweet shop. a huge sign advertised mini cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting.

"you want dessert?"

she nodded, holding her hands together in a pleading gesture.

jeno seemed to think about it for a moment, pausing before grabbing her by the wrist. "follow me," he said, leaving her without a choice as he dragged her past the bakery and towards a table with two seats.

"sit down. i'll be right back."

yoonmi nodded in confusion, watching as he ran off and disappeared inside the throng of shoppers. she played with her phone awkwardly, wondering where exactly he'd gone.

"here," jeno said, breathing heavily as he put two bags down in front of her.

he wiped at his forehead and yoonmi narrowed her eyes in suspicion. "jeno, did you run?"