chapter twenty seven

boruto's pov 

"hey you two. seems you're having fun." mitsuki smiles. i groan and look away from him. a couple of laughs and snickers come from mitsuki, cho-cho, and shikadai. 

"you guys are seriously annoying." sarada says, sounding like uncle sasuke. "you sound like uncle sasuke when you say that!" i laugh, placing my hands in my pockets. cho-cho grabs sarada's wrist and pulls her to a corner. i stand back with mitsuki, shikadai, inojin, and hima. 

"what are they doing?" shikadai asks, looking their way. his eyes trail up to cho-cho, probably trying to read what she was saying.

could you figure out if he likes her back?

"probably talking about oniichan." himawari says, bluntly. she places her arms around inojin's neck. i raise an eyebrow at her as she grins. "you said it yourself in the car!" she adds on, defending herself. inojin laughs as he places an arm around hers.

my best friend with my sister.. how did i not see that?

better talk to sarada about that. 

"ooh, so you guys are a thing now?" mitsuki asks, grabbing his phone out. he keys in a few things as i look at both of them, expecting an answer. inojin looks at hima and she looks back. they play the eye game for a little longer, as inojin breaks away, giving up. 

"we've been. little over two months." he says, softly. hima nods, agreeing with what he said. shikadai's mouth opens to an 'o', as mitsuki smiles. i look at the two of them. confused looks enter the brink. 

"i'm okay with it. as long as you're not doing anything inappropriate." i smile. even more confused looks enter. hima's eyes widen, filled with pure happiness. 

"THANK YOU ONIICHAN! I LOVE YOU!" she yells, like a little kid. inojin and i chuckle in unison, looking at her. she jumps around, then flings herself into inojin's arms. i look at them, kind of jealous of my little sister.

she had the perfect love life.

if only i could man up and confess to sarada. 

sarada and cho-cho come back, her face flushed, and cho-cho's face filled with laughter. and a mix of happiness.

"what happened with the two of you?" shikadai asks, shaking his head at cho-cho. cho-cho laughs and places a hand around him, guiding him away from us all. they leave in whispers and laughter.

he probably does like her back, sarada. 

hima pulls sarada away from us, leaving us 3 behind. we all take a look at each other, shrugging. 

"be honest," inojin starts, looking straight at me. "do you like sarada?" 

do i? inojin, i think i'm in freaking love with her. 

but of course, nobody should know that. 

-

-

-

-

-

-

chapter twenty seven - done! 

author's note -

hey guys! i kinda forced myself to post a chapter today, so sorry for it being really short. it's currently spring break for me, so i decided i'd take a little break. i'll be back next week on monday! :) 

i do NOT own the naruto / boruto series.

word count - 448 

stay safe! i love you guys so so much.