"She doesn't— or didn't— I don't know," spluttered Katherine. "You kidnapped me, remember? I'm kinda out of the loop."

Klaus pursed his lips. "Well, we'll have to get to the bottom of that."

Katherine grimaced. "Please, just kill me, Klaus, and be done with it."

"And show you kindness? I've searched for you for over five hundred years. Your death is going to last at least half that long." He pulled out a pocketknife and looked into Katherine's eyes. "I want you to take this knife... and stab yourself."

Albeit hesitantly, she took it, and with a pained expression, she brought it down into her thigh, making her hiss in pain. "Now take it out," he commanded. She did so, and the wound immediately began to heal. "While I'm gone, I want you to do that over and over and over again and if you get bored, switch legs."

"Where are you going?" asked Esmeray, sitting up. He hadn't done anything to her, and she felt... suspicious.

"I'm gonna go lay eyes on my precious doppelgänger," he said, kissing Katherine on the forehead before coming over to Esmeray, who leaned away from him, thinking he was going to do the same thing to her. "Don't be afraid, love, your only task is to sit here patiently and wait. I'll be taking the magic wolf with me to make sure you don't try anything funny."

He straightened up and looked at Katherine. "Again," he said. There was a pause as he watched Katherine stab herself, then remove the knife, and a truly wicked smile came upon his face. "And why don't you tell Esmeray the truth about how she got here?"

Katherine gave him a mirthless look as he went out the door, leaving them alone. Esmeray immediately ran to the door, trying to see if she could even get out, but she couldn't even grab the handle— it was as though an invisible force was blocking her from making contact with the door.

"Fuck," she said, then covered her mouth. "I shouldn't say that..."

"Who cares?" said Katherine gruffly, stabbing herself once more.

Esmeray stared at her. "Well, what did he mean when he told you to tell me the truth about how I really got here? I know you tricked me. I want the full story."

Katherine turned away. "As soon as I heard out that they'd found you, I told Isobel, Elena's biological mother. She immediately started to investigate and found out that you must be the hybrid. I told Elijah to make sure he woke you up so he could see what sort of power you had. John Gilbert... Elena's biological father... genuinely thought Isobel was on his side, and I used him to communicate with her. I had her try to contact Klaus to make me a deal for my freedom. I'd make the others put down Elijah, and then I'd get you and the moonstone delivered to Klaus so that I wouldn't have to run anymore. It was a win-win— Klaus would get his ritual with a hybrid, he'd get his doppelgänger, and Elena wouldn't need to die, which ensured John remained Isobel's assistant through the process. Isobel had Maddox try to snatch you up. That didn't work, so I stalled you that day to ensure Maddox caught you off guard. I just wasn't anticipating that Isobel would betray me. So now we're here."

The hybrid stared at her, not sure how to react. She felt a surge of hate and she knew that if she had her magic, she might've caused some pricey damage to the plumbing.

They did not speak to each other for the entire afternoon until Klaus and Maddox returned.

"Ah, you were right, Katerina, that witch is all juiced up and aiming to kill," Klaus said, sitting on the couch beside Esmeray, who was not looking at any of them.

"That's terrible," said Katherine sarcastically, looking down at her legs, which were covered in blood.

Klaus got to his feet and went over to one of the dressers to look for another outfit. "We're gonna have to kill her, Maddox." He then scoffed. "Do you think this Alaric guy has anything vintage?" He lifted a seemingly hidden compartment in one of the drawers, tucked under several shirts. "Crossbows, wooden bullets and automatics? Who is this guy, again?"