𝐗𝐗𝐕: Greetings From

┍━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┑

GREETINGS FROM

(INSIDE A MOUNTAIN?)

┕━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┙

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

LYRA MISSES her Nasa jacket.

There are far worst things in life than not having your favourite jacket. Like, trying to shower and realising you've run out of water rations. Or talking to someone about something you're, like, really passionate about only to see that glazed over look in their eyes and getting that weird heart-sinking feeling as you think Oh, I'm being annoying. Or dying. But whatever.

She supposes she should be grateful. Mount Weather's done a lot of really nice things for her today ━━ they let her take a shower (and she didn't even have to ration water!!!), they let her pick out a coloured toothbrush and brush her teeth. She picked out the pink one. . . obviously.

     They gave her new clothes, much nicer than what she wore when she first arrived on the ground. Now she's got on a pretty light blue sweater and a pleated white skirt. Admittedly it took her a a while to figure out how to put on the skirt ━━ Do you do it one leg at a time or sort of just jump in? ━━ but she did it (by jumping in and then falling and sort of wriggling into it from the floor.) They even let her take these pink fluffy socks, which make it fun to slide across the floor.

      But she still misses her Nasa jacket.

And she's trying really, really hard not to break.

She's doing her best, OK? Going from living in solitude with a death sentence hanging over her head to fighting for survival on the ground was hard enough. Everything she's had over the past month she's had to fight for. And for Dr. Tsing to tell her that most of her friends are dead anyways. . .

And the idea of being in Mount Weather makes her sick. Lyra doesn't hate a lot of things, but she does hate this.

The walls make her skin crawl, the fact that she's basically trapped underground makes her heart beat a little bit faster. This place is more Ark-sized than any of the other bunkers and that's why she hasn't had a full on breakdown yet, but knowing that she's locked beneath the earth sends her pulse skyrocketing.

     Trying not to frown, she trudges towards what must be the dormitory. Dr. Tsing had told her that her friends were waiting there for her. Or at least, what's left of them, anyways.