𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗: Undead

┍━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┑

UNDEAD

┕━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┙

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

[ THANK U SO MUCH FOR 7K READS,
I LOVE YOU ALL!!! ]

BELLAMY BLAKE, more often than not, feels as if he is a thunderstorm with skin.

     Chest heaving, his one hand curls into a fist so tight he thinks his bone might break while the other coils across the spear. Inside his veins, his blood boils until it feels like molten lava blisters inside of him and he is shaking from head to foot. His sister. Thoughts lashing through his mind like white-hot lightning. His responsibility. Lungs rattling thunderously.

     My sister. . .

     Thoughts of Octavia engulf his mind like a rainstorm. His little sister. An entire lifetime spent protecting her, doing everything for her. And yet he couldn't watch her suffer, be in pain, he couldn't allow it. Couldn't watch her drown in a pool of her own blood and even though everything Bellamy's ever done in his life has been for Octavia, he'd had no other choice. He could not lose her. But there was no other choice. He did what he had to do. Scarlet drenching her legs burns in the backs of Bellamy's eyes. Lincoln's promise that he could save her. He did what he had to do. . . she would die if he didn't let Lincoln take her.

     . . . my responsibility.

     A civil war had raged within him. Still. He let her go.

And then it was just him.

Just him and Lyra.

She was radiant even after the war. Shadows had devoured them that night and yet she gleamed brighter than anything he had ever seen. Laughing wildly as if the sorrows of the world were beneath her, swirling with an air of careless confidence as she hounded through the woods, drunk beneath the night sky. Drenched in the white gleam of the moon, her lilting voice like liquid magic silvery as the cosmos, effortlessly brave and clever and strong. After everything they've been through together, Bellamy's come to believe that she's more than a girl held together by opal bone and sun-kissed skin. Lyra Jupiter is just more.

When he'd first arrived on this planet, on Earth, he'd thought Octavia was the only person in the universe who really knew him.