𝐗: Girl in Red

┍━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┑

GIRL IN RED

┕━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┙

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

         "LYRA?"

     Pain explodes across Lyra's temple. Sounds blur together in a disjointed symphony of echoes, an incessant and vicious buzz in the depths of her ears and hollowness of her skull. Pairs of hands are touching her, holding her down by the chest, fingers on the insides of her wrists as if checking her pulse.

     Cracking open one eye, she just as quickly snaps it shut and turns away. Blinding sunlight stabs at her eyes and it hurts. The darkness is much nicer, much more inviting, and she tries to turn over on her side only for one of the hands to snap right in front of her nose.

     "C'mon, Lyra, wake up!"

      Groaning, she gives up on trying to cling to the dark abyss of the universe and instead returns to reality. Her chest rises and falls shallowly. Silhouettes dance across her vision, everything bleeding together, nothing more than vague, colorful blobs.

     "Easy, easy," murmurs a girl, pushing her back down. "You're OK."

     Bells trilling sharply in her ears, Lyra tries to scrabble to her feet, but a second pair of hands are pushing her down and keeping her from clambering to her feet and probably falling on her ass.

     A bolt of pain sears through her skull and she groans again. "I don't feel OK."

     A few raindrops drizzle erratically from the overcast sky. For the first time she's thankful for the lack of sunshine, which is making it easier to adjust. The rays aren't as blinding as she'd originally thought, muffled and muted by the dull grey clouds that roll overhead. Blinking again, she hesitantly peaks out by cracking one eye open and then sighs with relief when she sees Clarke kneeling in front of her. The yellow haired girl is wearing her typical expression of worry and confusion as she examines Lyra.

     "It hurts," Clarke says, pursing her lips sympathetically.

     "How can you tell?" Lyra asks with a gasp as pain stabs at her temples.

     "She's sensitive to the light," Clarke says anxiously, not looking at Lyra but instead the two blobs behind her. "Reacting poorly to noise, too. I think she has a mild concussion."