𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈: Voices

┍━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┑

VOICES

┕━━━━ ⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ━━━━┙

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

IT'S IMPORTANT NOT to let things build up.

Take a dam for example. A river will be blocked by an enormous wall, water left to gather strength as growing waves crash against the stone. But rather than letting the water pressure grow high enough to destroy the dam from the inside out, engineers designed it so that water from the reservoir would flow over in a more controlled way. As far as Lira can tell, human emotions are the same way. If you let them sit for too long, they'll keep building and building and building until you just explode.

So you can see why the camp has been left essentially in shambles now.

Blake's anarchist methods of control have been failing for some time now. They were good enough the first night when the criminals were drunk on the idea of freedom and revenge, but the problem with whatever the hell we want lies in the words themselves. Yeah, it's whatever the hell we want but it's also whatever the hell we want. Anything goes. You know how that quote Anything is possible is usually meant to inspire people and give them hope to go where no man's gone before? Yeah, well now it's a little bit scarier because, like, anything is possible.

To simplify, it's like Lyra pointed out the second night: There are no rules. Which is a contradiction in and of itself. The entire theory is riddled with loopholes, actually. Whatever the hell we want is a rule, but there are no rules, which already is an oxymoron. Then there's the whole thing with Blake cementing himself as the leader when there can't possibly be a leader because, again, there are no rules besides his flimsy whatever the hell we want and thus there's no requirement for actual leadership. Even though he spent 99% of his time breaking his own rule by acting like a leader, clearly Blake was just acting. Because as of tonight, it's painfully obvious just how much control he really has.

(Which, to clarify, is pretty much none.)

Grievances have been building up against his dam. First there was Jasper and the discovery of Grounders. Blake provided them with a solution though ━━ his wall ━━ and as useless as it might seem in reality, it worked and he kept control. Then there was the acid fog and Atom. Octavia was furious, Murphy apparently did something stupid while Blake was gone (whatever it was has not been specified to Lyra.) Then Wells' near murder and the hanging of Murphy. Next comes Blake's fall from grace when Murphy knocked him out, then very much went against orders and has organised a manhunt for the girl because there aren't really any rules to stop him.