Fourteen

"Loki!" Savanna yells happily.

"You survived the bullet?" The guy asks not sounding surprised.

I pointed my finger at him angrily before gesturing towards Savanna and Alex. The guy just stared at me confused but Savanna and Alex just ran past the guy and up to us. Alex hugs Alice and Savanna stands in front of me asking if I'm okay. I nod before looking back at the guy. He still seems familiar but even so, he still kidnapped them and that's not okay.

"So, you two trust these two zombies?" The guy asks holding his shotgun.

"Yes we do, they are our friends like I've been trying to tell you. Leave them alone." Savanna growls at him.

"You guys don't understand, you can't trust them especially him." The guy says pointing at me with narrowed eyes.

My eyes widen in shock as I didn't expect him to point that out. I already knew I'm dangerous and shouldn't be trusted, but why is he only pointing at me. Alice is like me and I know this guy doesn't know our situation, so he doesn't know Alice wouldn't be a danger but he wouldn't know that. Right? But still, he's only pointing at me so does he know me? Well, knew me?

"What are you talking about?" Alex asks just as confused.

"It's like I said, you don't understand." He says slightly annoyed.

"Then explain it to us. We want to know what you mean, and Loki wants to retrieve his memories anyway." Savanna explains it to him.

"Loki?" The guy asks furrowing his eyebrows.

"That's his name." Savanna says proudly.

"No. It isn't." The guy says firmly.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Alex asks.

"Do you know Loki?" Savanna asks furrowing her eyebrows.

"I did, and I knew his parents too." He said before sitting down on a chair.

I stare at the guy wide-eyed as I couldn't believe he knew me, and he knew my parents. I felt like I can finally remember everything I've lost. Will he tell me though? I wonder. He doesn't seem to like me or even trust me for that matter, but I'm hoping he would tell me something. I need to know. I need to know more about what I've lost since becoming like this. I slowly walk inside the house but stood behind the couch. The guy watched me as I stare back at him waiting for him to do something. The others closed the door before walking back and sitting on the couch. I thought it would be wise if I stay behind the couch, it's further away from him.

"Do you mind sharing?" Savanna asks almost hopeful.

The guy lets out a sigh before placing his shotgun across his lap as he says, "Sure I guess but you might not like it."

"Well, it can't be worse than this apocalypse." Alex says shrugging.

The guy stares at him with stony eyes before turning his stare towards me, which turned cold. I look down as I feel nervous and maybe scared about whatever he's about to tell us. I mean with how he said it, he's making it sound like I'm the bad guy here. I guess for all we knew could be since I have no memory from before I was turned. I'm hoping I'm wrong but, to be honest, who knows. I glance up at the guy to see him looking towards a picture on the fireplace mantel, and I couldn't help but look as well. My gaze turned towards that picture and my eyes widen when I saw the same picture I saw back at the brown house.

"If you must know, then I should at least start with my name. I'm Aaron Platts and I was a friend of his father's, whose name was Harold Bitts." Aaron tells us.