Helga's Valentine

Author's Note: My gift to Helga and myself for our birthday 3/26 which is today is lovely chapter 5!

No Trigger Warning, please let me know if there are any to add and I'll do so.

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of Hey Arnold, Doi!

Special thanks to you: The folks who Vote, Bookmark, and Reviewed this story. Please know your reviews are a huge reason I stay consistent with Head of Feet. In addition please know even if english isn't your native tongue your words, thoughts, and feelings are valid and I appreciate them and you so much.

Enjoy!

____________________________________________________

Helga was woken up to her Dad yelling. This wasn't unusual in the Pataki home since the only time you didn't hear yelling is when Bob was at work. He was either yelling at Miriam, the TV, or Helga, and the only time he didn't yell is when Olga was home. Bob yelled if he was happy or angry and this morning sounded like he was happy. Helga went downstairs to see his bright smile. When he noticed the younger blonde he waved her down stairs. She leaned her head back and continued to walk down the stairs.

"What gives, Bob?" She said with one eye open.

"Olga-"

"It's Helga, Dad."

'That's what I said." He waved his hand, "I just sold all my beepers."

"What?" Helga said, surprised. "How?" she said, confused.

"A bunch of what you call them, hip hoppers." Bob said with a tone mix of announce and confusion.

'Hipsters, dad?" Helga arched a brow.

"Yeah whatever. The best part is they want to buy the whole store, so we are back on top, baby!" He hugged Helga tightly, lifting her a few inches off the ground.

"Bob, I can't breathe" She said out of breath.

"Sorry. Sorry " He let her go. "I'm just so darn excited!" Helga could have sworn she saw a tear in the corner of her father's eye. "Dang girl, the Patakis are loaded again." He beamed

"That's great B." Miriam slurred from the couch nearby.

'I'm going to the office to fill out all the paperwork." He smiled at Helga.

"What?" She narrowed her eyes "Why are you smiling at me like that?"

"You should come to make sure everything is in order?" He nudged her lightly.

"Bob, it's Valentine's Day." She crossed her arms.

"It is?" He raised a brow.

"Yeah, and I have a date." She said slowly.

"A date?" he puts his hands on his hip "Why haven't I met him, little lady?"

"You have numerous times, dad." she rolled her eyes.

Bob looked confused, "You mean your little friend Alfred?"

"Arnold, dad." She crossed her arms.

"That's what I said." He waved his hand "look you'll be back in time for your little date, I promise." He said insincere.

"What do you need me for?" She leaned against the doorway.

"Helga, you know you're great at this stuff." He said loudly.

"So, now you know my name?" She sucked her teeth.

"Come on, little lady." He sighed "you stop me from making a mistake of selling half my company to that Scheck character."