Chapter 21

Okay, self-promotion time :D
You guys should follow me on the Twitter 
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Username: ria_tda

Display name: RiaFlameTDA

I got fanart! So very happy :D

~~~

The second the announcer said the ball started, I was instantly bombarded with people asking me to dance. I politely turned them down, wanting to get to know everybody a bit better first than just dancing with strangers.

I walked past some dancers before hearing my name being called out. And it wasn't a male's voice, it was a female's. Just with a pretty strong irish accent.

"Oi, you! (Y/n), right?" 

I turned around and connected eyes with a woman with dyed purple hair and blue eyes. She wore heavy make up with a lot of mascara and a purple jumpsuit.

"Hello?" I said back, raising an eyebrow. She gave a big grin. "My name's Minx! I just wanted to say that you looked stunning!" she said. I smiled. "Thank you. You look amazing yourself," I answered back, wishing to keep my formality.

A song came up, and Minx's smile only grew wider. 

"You thinking what I'm thinking?"
"Probably not, but go ahead."

My brain hadn't even fully processed what was happening when she yanked my arm and brought me to the dance floor. 

I laughed, surprised at her sudden actions. She grinned. "Follow my moves!"

I remembered Wilbur teaching me the dance to this song, so I started dancing around with her. "So, why are you here?" I asked, attempting a conversation. "Oh! Me and Niki are best friends, so she invited me over, even though I'm just a regular citizen!" she explained. 

"Wait, really? That's so amazing! But, I've never seen you in L'Manberg before. Are you visiting?" "Yeah, actually! But only for about a week. Me and Niki were best friends since fourth grade. Unfortunately, I had to move away because my parents got a new job. Niki had sent me an invitation by owl. Kinda felt like Hogwarts!"

I smiled. "Imagine if Hogwarts was real. I would love to be friends with Luna Lovegood! She's seems like a really amazing character!" I sighed. 

The dance slowed down to an end, and we parted. She waved me a goodbye before dancing with a guy that was wearing a black and red mask, horns on the side of his head, a suit with a red tie with dark brown hair and a growing beard.

For some reason, I felt my heart telling me to run away from him. Stay away from this man. Get away from this man.

My heart froze when we made eye contact. "Ah, Minx. You didn't tell me you have another friend of yours waiting here!" he said. It wasn't even an hour into the ball and I could smell his alcoholic breath as he talked in a raspy voice. 

"Allow me to introduce myself. The name's Schlatt. And you?" he introduced, smirking a little as he bowed down and kissed the back of my hand. 

I stiffened, slightly disturbed at the sudden movement but didn't show any sign of it. "My name's (Y/n) (L/n), sir. I'm part of the L'Manbergian-"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. L'Manberg this, L'Manberg that. All you guys talk about to honor this, honor that, 'fight for the country!'" he mocked, smirking. I started to feel my blood boiling. 

I only knew this guy for what, two minutes, and I was already starting to get bad vibes off of him.

"You have no right to talk so lowly about my nation like that!" I said, trying to keep my voice down at a reasonable level. I clenched my hands until it was to the point where it was shaking.  "Oh? And why not?" he taunted.