Chapter 14: I won't let go.

Start from the beginning

"Does Harry get a spoon?" I asked.

"Oh, you wanted some?"

"No, I'm okay." I lied.

"No, here. We'll share because I'm too lazy to get back up."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure unless you're gonna be a baby about it and care about germs."

"Obviously not. I mean, I've kissed you before, haven't I?" I said.

She turned away from me. She was blushing. She looked at the TV screen.

“The Time Traveler's Wife? Really? Like I haven’t seen this before.” She said, obviously unimpressed.

"What's wrong with watching it again?"

"I might just fall asleep." I pouted and put my arms around her. “C'mon, Roseee!!” I whined.

“Fine." She sighed. "But if I fall asleep it's your fault.”

Not even 10 minutes later she was sound asleep on my shoulder. It was fair, though. She had warned me. So there I sat, watching a movie by myself and eating a tub of ice cream drenched in chocolate sauce by myself. What a party pooper. I decided I wouldn’t let her sleep on the extremely uncomfortable couch we were on, so I carried her to my- correction: our room.

I laid her down on the bed, and covered her with a blanket, that was almost as soft as her pajama pants. I silently watched her as she hugged the pillow beside her. I saw her breathe in and out, and even smile in her sleep. What was she dreaming about? I so badly wanted to join her. I wanted to crawl onto the bed with her and hold her until we both fell asleep. As I was making my way to the other side of the California king bed, I heard a knock on the door.Probably one of the boys.

Great. More Rose questions.

I opened the door to see the person the person I least wanted to see at the moment . Niall.

I loved Niall. I mean, what's not to love about the lad? He's hilarious, and he's a great friend of mine. He has every single right to share anything with me. We've shared underwear before. Yes, gross, but that's what happens when you share dressing rooms with your 4 best mates. But he should know girlfriends are off limits. Especially Rose.

“Hey, mate!” He said, walking in.

“Hi, Niall..." I rubbeed the back of my neck.

I slowly closed the door after him and sat down on the couch.

“What’s wrong? Why so quiet?” He asked.

“Just don’t feel like talking... plus Rose is asleep. ”I lied.

I do want to talk. Just not to him.

“Ahhh... wanna play some football?”

“Nah...”

“Are ya afraid I'm gonna kick your butt? 'Cause you know I can do it!” He laughed.

I fake laughed with him. I figured I shouldn't be mean to him. “It's not that dont think I can't win, I mean even Rose beat you!” I said with a slight smile.

“Rose sure is something...” He said a little strangely. What was he getting at? I needed to find out more about his thoughts on Rose.

“She’s great, isn't she?” I continued, trying to sound like the loving boyfriend I am.

Or the boyfriend I wish I was.

“Yeah, and hilarious! You shouldn’t have kept her to yourself this long!” He said a little too excitedly.

What did he mean by that?? We didn't share Rose. No. She was mine... she likes me. Not Niall.

Does she?

“What do you mean?” I asked, triyng not to sound jealous

.“I, uh, just mean she's a really nice girl. For you. As in you both go well together.”

“Oh... thanks...” I didn't buy it.

He needed to back off of her. Just then I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. It was late. Who would be texting me? It was from... Rose?

Rose: hey, thx for bringing me to the bed. im nice and cozy now :) i was gonna come out but i heard voices. who’s with u?

Me: You're welcome.. xx

Me: Oh and its Niall.. help??

Rose: ok, ill be out to save u in a sec ;)

Me: Thanks (:

“Who you textin'?” Niall said, pulling my attention away from my phone.

“Oh, no one, just Zayn. He wanted to know if I was awake.”

“Well tha-”

“Hey Niall!” She said, yawning. Finally, Rose to the rescue!

She had her wavy brown hair in tangles all around her head, and her eyes were obviously tired.I was very joyful inside until she went to give Niall a hug.

“Hey, sleepy head! Have a good nap?”

I swear, if he didn't stop acting like he and Rose were the best of friends things were going to go down. Ugh! Why was I being such a jerk? I really like Rose, that's why!

“Not really... I was just coming out to see if Harry was gonna come to bed soon.” She smiled kindly at him.

At least there was one good person in this room. It wasn't me. And it sure wasn't Niall.

“Oh, yeah." I nodded.

“Well, I'll just leave you two to do your... thing..." He said. "See ya in the mornin', Styles." He said, giving me a brotherly hug.

I accepted it. Did I return it? Not so much.

"Goodnight, Rose!” He waved to her as she was back at the doorway of the bedroom.

“Goodnight, Niall!” Rose said.

He looked back then continued to walk out. He was gone. Finally! I walked up to Rose and before she had the chance to turn around, I hugged her tight. I picked her up and she laughed.

“What was that for?” She asked as I put her down.

“For... uh...” I really didn't have a reason why. I just wanted to hug her.

“Uh...?” She raised an eyebrow.

“Thank you for saving me.” I said.

“It seems like I've been doing that a lot, haven't I?” She smiled to herself.

"Very funny, Rose."

"Like your face." She muttered.

"What? Who said that?"

"You did." I tapped the tip of her nose.

"Shall we go to bed?"

"Yes, please. I'm tired. And cold." She said, climbing onto the bed.

"It's April... you shouldn't be cold." I said.

"Yeah, but I am."

"Should I turn up the heater?" She facepalmed.

"I'm obviously trying to get you to cuddle with me."

"Oh." I said. I looked at her.

"Well, I have no problem doing that."

I got onto the bed with her in which I put my arms around her waist and her back was to my chest with our hands in each other's.In only a few moments she was breathing deeply. She was sleeping. The entire night I kept her in my arms. And I didn’t let go. I didn’t want to. And I wasn’t planning on letting go for a long time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hope you liked this chapter :) Please vote! Leave your comments! Tell us what you think! Until next chapter! :) -Brit