𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐗

Start from the beginning

"𝐖hat the fuck?" I gasped, scanning around the entirety of my now-empty home. Standing a few feet away was my landlord, Grace.

"Ah, Lia," she looked up from her screen. "Everything has been taken care of... You may leave now, as there is nothing else you need to worry about," she smiled.

"B-but I-"

"Your stuff is packed already... I must take care of some things, so please step out, sweetheart."

"I think you should listen to her, darling," a voice appeared from behind as I felt a warm hand with a cold ring touch my bare shoulder. "Did you forget?"

Fuck, I was shaken to my core.

"Do you want me to make it up to you for touching your stuff, hm?" He lowered himself as he whispered next to my ear.

 "No, no, that's quite alright," I said, subtly trying to remove his hand from my shoulder. "I- I should get go- WOAH!" 

I was caught off-guard when he swept me off my feet and over his shoulder. 

"And where are you going?" He asked as if daring me to answer. 

"I- I don't know!"

Before you say anything, in my defense, I genuinely had no idea where I was going. His presence was enough to factory reset my train of thought. (A/N This is literally me in front of anyone hot af)

"Are you regretting your words, darling?"

Realizing we were still in the house, I became flushed.

"Hey... can we go outside and talk?" I asked.

"Of course."

I was expecting him to put me down, but, spoiler alert, he did not. 

"Hey, you can put me down now, you know?"

"I think I'm fine. Now, answer my question."

Right. Fine.

"I'm not regretting my words," I said. "Not yet, at least," I muttered beneath my breath.

"What was that?" He asked, putting me down and looking down. "Not yet?"

I cleared my throat and shook my head.

"I don't like mixed signals, Lia," he said as he reached to caress my hair. I watched as he twirled my hair between his fingers. "Answer me honestly. Once you finalize your words, I will not condone any regrets... you'll end up hating me if you regret it, darling."

I noticed his pupils dilating as the last line left his lips. As I opened my lips to answer him, Grace interrupted. 

"Take your flirting session somewhere else, would ya?" 

I felt my face burning up as realization hit again. I looked up at him with horror in my eyes.

"Are you not worried about being seen? Do you know, no, remember, who you are? I-"

"And?"

This man. This man! How does he find the courage to smile in this situation? That's an action that contradicts his entire identity! Or maybe stereotypes have gotten into my head... But then again, this is all so confusing! Like, is he really a-

"...Lia... Lia!"

I blinked a few times as I snapped myself back to Earth.

"...Let's just go, Mr. Romano... I don't think you should be in the public eye like this," I requested, embarrassedly placing my fingers on my forehead.