𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

Почніть із самого початку

"A person who believes in theories, I see," she said. "There isn't enough proof that the necklace was part of the Romano family," she turned to the ruthless man.

"Sir, it will be no surprise that the Romanos would send men over to the auction without his direct presence. Of course, they would make their presence unknown- even an idiot could guess their next move. Is it worth fighting over a mere piece of jewelry with them?"

"You're not making sense," he mocked.

"What I'm trying to say, sir, is that we should use the Rossi family rather than presenting ourselves in front of the Romanos. The Rossis owe us a lot, after all," she smiled sweetly at the man, though being sweet was her last intention.

"You think we haven't come up with that idea before?" A man said with a disapproving tone.

She laughed. "I know you have, but the plan didn't go through because you were too weak to execute the idea fully, no?" She gave him her signature smile, with a hint of mockery hidden within. "Sir, if I may suggest my game plan?"

"Go on."

"Good choice, sir..." 

𝐁e ready at six twenty sharp

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

𝐁e ready at six twenty sharp.

There I stood, outside the door in the cold. Beneath my trench coat was an embarrassing view, but I might as well prepare for what would possibly come my way. 

At precisely six twenty, a black Audi SUV pulled up and a man dressed in black stepped out of the vehicle to open the door. I walked up hesitantly, knowing that there was no turning back from this point. The moment I stepped into the car would change my life for the worse or the better. 

"Thank you," I said quietly as he closed the door. 

Throughout the entire ride, the man didn't utter a single word, causing the atmosphere to be tense, but that didn't seem to bother him in the slightest bit. Or maybe it does, and he's hiding the uneasiness under his covered-up face.

It was not until we arrived at the promised spot that he said something. I had dozed off for maybe the last ten minutes or so of the ride unknowingly.

"We have arrived," he said as he opened the door. "Mr. Romano should be waiting inside."

I thanked the man once again and walked into the building slowly. 

No turning back. I mean, I can always di- no, no, that's not going to work. Might as well get it over with. 

As I walked in, the same receptionist greeted me and led me to a room on the second floor that I'd never been to before. 

"Sir, she is here," she said as she knocked on the door. "Good luck, Miss Lennox."

And with that, she left, leaving me standing in front of the door.

"Come in."

I reached forward and opened the door hesitantly. I felt all my remaining confidence leave me as I opened the door and saw a woman's figure. She turned around upon hearing the door open, her gorgeous, sharp, brown eyes pierced through my soul.