"LUKA!" Jonas yelled as he and Esmeray leapt to their feet. "LUKA!"

Esmeray slashed her hand in the air, trying to extinguish the flames, but he hadn't fully exited the Salvatore House- a part of him was still there and someone was exposing him to fire. Jonas grabbed at a blanket, pressing it onto his son's body as he yelled in agony, trying to stop the pain. The flames ceased after a moment and Luka crumpled to the floor, charred and nearly unrecognizable, his breathing slow.

"Oh my God-" gasped Jonas, tears flooding down his face. "Luka- Luka- I'm sorry... please... just wake up... open your eyes..." he dove back to find any grimoire with a spell to heal him, but Esmeray was already kneeling beside him, murmuring very rapidly in a language that Jonas didn't understand.

"Move!" he told her, shoving her aside and interrupting the spell to cast his own. "Victas Phesmatis Ex Eleto. Revertas Phesmatis Ut Victas. Victas Phesmatis Ex Eleto..."

But it was too late. Esmeray stared down in disbelief. Her spell wouldn't have worked even if Jonas hadn't interrupted her. She'd never dealt with a burn victim, and her magic couldn't have reversed the damage. She could hear he wasn't breathing and his heart had ceased to beat, which made Jonas yell out as he began to sob.

Esmeray's lip quivered, and tears pooled in her own eyes. She gave a shaky breath, and all the candles were extinguished. Several of the grimoires flew out of the shelves and the ground trembled. She grasped at her own temples and leapt to her feet, stumbling out to try and limit any damage to the Martin apartment- she didn't need to make it any worse after Jonas had just lost his son.

"I have to go," she was mumbling to herself as she went out into the streets, trying to find out how to get to Mystic Falls. "I have to... I have to get Elijah..."

If anyone had tried to stop her in that moment, it was very likely that they would have been killed on the spot. Esmeray wasn't realizing it, but all around her, the buildings were cracking and shaking, and the sidewalk was sinking with every step she took. The grass that peeked out between its cracks was dying, and two car windows shattered the instant she walked by.

She had watched many people die. She knew not everyone could be saved. She herself had killed someone to trigger her curse.

But this ached. She thought of how the Salvatores and their friends had neutralized Elijah, and how they had now killed Luka. When she thought of them, she saw only evil, and she felt hatred rising in her chest. She wanted them to suffer and she no longer cared whether Elijah would be angry when he realized that she had hurt someone. It didn't matter- she wanted revenge.

It might've been easier to enact if she knew where she was going. Even with all the knowledge she had taken in, she had no clue how to get to Mystic Falls, and she had no intention of running around until she found it. She knew, based off of the memories, how to hot-wire a car and drive, but she didn't trust herself to do that- no road would be safe with her on it, and knowing how anxious she felt, she thought it was a better idea to just go on foot. She might pop several tires and leave herself in an explosion.

While she had been figuring out what to do, Jonas had already gone to bring about his own revenge. Stefan Salvatore hadn't been able to stop him from heading after Elena Gilbert. Esmeray might've caught up to him if she hadn't stopped to do a Locator Spell first. By the time she entered Mystic Falls, she had missed the main event, but regardless, she marched right up to the door of the Gilbert House, knocking furiously on the door.

She heard several conversations inside had stopped. The door opened, and she saw Stefan Salvatore. Behind him were two women who looked identical to each other- Elena and Katherine. Damon Salvatore was there, too, and Esmeray could hear voices upstairs that indicated Bonnie Bennett and a boy she assumed to be Elena's brother, Jeremy.