Dense (Claude x Reader)

Anonymous asked:

Can we get some angst to fluff where reader comes across Claude and Byleth's reunion after the time skip and they think that their affections for Claude are unrequited? They're like, "it HAS been five years and who wouldn't fall in love with Byleth?" But people like Byleth and Hilda wanna play matchmaker but reader takes all the secret scheming as gossip and Byleth trying to hide their relationship with Claude so they become even more distanced?

Warnings: nothing 

Word Count: 2k [holy shit this is probably the longest fic that I've ever written] 

Genre: Angst to Fluff lol

OHO ask for angst and I shall deliver 😈. Anyways I hope that you like this Anon, sorry for taking so long! School is certainly keeping me busy, but I'll complete the other requests soon! Anyways, I certainly had fun ripping out my own heartstrings writing this, hope you all like it. ~Admin Hurricane

You slowly walked up the stairs to the Goddess Tower, humming softly to yourself. Your footsteps echoed softly as you made your way up the weathered stone. Before you reached the top, you could hear Claude's voice ringing around the stone structure.

"You didn't really think I'd given up on you coming back. Did you?" You froze and slowly took a step back. You hadn't meant to eavesdrop, but the conversation intrigued you. You slowly peered up, so that just your head was poking up, and that's when your heart sank.

'It...it can't be...' you thought to yourself, your eyes wide with shock. There standing next to Claude was the professor. Of course, you were happy seeing that they were still alive. You could still recall watching Byleth fall into the abyss, for any normal human, they would most certainly be dead. But then again, the professor was no ordinary human.

Not wanting to eavesdrop on their conversation further, you slowly made your way out of the tower. 'Of course it's the professor,' you thought to yourself, your heart heavy, 'It's only natural, after all they were always close.' You sighed as you settled down on a bench outside, trying to ignore your aching heart. You've always had feelings for the troublemaking schemer from the Leicester Alliance, but in the face of the dangers of the war you had always pushed it to the side. You took a deep breath to try and steady yourself.

Quickly standing up, you plastered a smile onto your face as you noticed the professor and Claude coming out of the goddess tower. "No way, professor! It's been too long," you chuckled. You approached them, an eyebrow quirked up, "It's good to see you again."

After heading to the cathedral and catching up with the professor, you heard Claude speak up, "By the way, Teach, do you remember the night before the ball? I know it was five years ago..." you stiffened up slightly, looking towards Claude.

You never really enjoyed social events, most of the time you opted out, hiding in your room. Being trapped in a room full of nobles constantly trying to make advances on you never quite ended well. But Hilda had practically dragged you out there against your will so you just gave up trying to avoid it. You could visibly remember walking into the ball, the hallway lit up with chatter and excitement bubbling up in the air. You had narrowly dodged Lorenz, Ferdinand, and Sylvain as they all tried to court you and ask you onto the dance floor. As you made your way through the crowd and headed towards the rest of the Golden Deer, you looked around for a familiar face before your eyes landed on the dance floor. You practically felt your blood boil as you saw Claude and Byleth waltzing on the dance, albeit a little awkwardly. You watched as Claude cheerfully led the dance, his viridescent eyes glimmering brightly. You wanted to be in the professor's place so badly, but instead, you had turned away and walked away. You had ended up staying outside for the rest of the night, lost in your thoughts and captive to the longing in your heart.