Mind if I hold your hand?

"So I thought you hate the Uchiha. How come you're at his party?" Naruto asked as he fell into step beside me on my way to the locker the next morning. I replied that my presence there was not an individual will, on which Naruto pondered on. It was enough to get rid of him.

It was Monday morning. As part of the school routine, I went to my locker. As soon as I reached the place I thought I smelled something funny. I ignored the crazy idea of someone putting roses inside my locker since it smelled exactly like roses. But surprisingly enough, when I opened my locker, there really was a bouquet of roses lying wonderfully inside.

I looked around, vigilant of any scheming persona. Finding none, I picked the bouquet of roses and marched toward the nearest trash bin.

"Don't," someone spoke imperative enough to sound commanding. I found Gaara on my back who I dreaded suddenly appeared.

There was no evidence that he had just gone out of the hospital. Nor did he appear as someone who had severed his neck. "You'll get him pissed off," he said. He was late though. The flowers had slipped off my grip.

Things were happening really fast, too quickly that I forgot to inquire about his injury. With his back presently turned to me, as he was already walking away, I saw the white patch on his nape which was hidden from my sight earlier. Naruto, along with Kiba, was back at my side. "Was that Gaara?" Naruto asked. I told him he was right.

"I swear that guy's spooky. I was all alone inside the C.R when in the next second, he was there next to me. Boy, I didn't even see him cross the door" Kiba told.

Naruto passed him a sardonic look "Well if it isn't the clearest sign of a blind idiot."

Kiba gave him a hard, but as he stated "playful", jab on the rib. Naruto arched from the side ache. He tried to punch him which the former successfully dodged. And before they knew it, they were there wrestling right in front of me.

As my cousin and second cousin tried to throw each other, I realized what a bunch of morons I have for my kinship. I gave a last look at the discarded roses then walked away

"Bouquet of roses?" Tenten had to control her escalating voice, "Sai, gave you a bouquet of roses? I would have better believe it if he gave you rolls of tissue papers

Hinata spoke and asked me why I think it was Sai who had done it. I told them he was the only one who knew the combination code besides me "It's only logical that Sai did it" I said. Tenten laughed. Some people laugh to remind you how your boyfriend just cheated on you and the hell he loves you still.

"B-But Sasuke-Kun might have done it too," Hinata said.

"Sasuke" I chocked at the last two syllables of his name. I laughed. Tenten and Hinata exchanged looks. I had already told them incidents at the party, the accident with Gaara, and the misperception that led me to Sasuke's room. I had told them everything except the detail that I woke up the next morning naked on his bed. Such matters are left untold for secrecy.

We were occupying a table on the corner of the canteen. It was noontime and students came flocking in. When I happened to glimpse at the entrance, I saw the clique entering. But oddly enough, Sasuke came walking in last among his friends— a transition almost unbelievable for Sasuke loves the limelight. As they passed, students gave their alternating hi's and hello's at them. The group returned the acknowledgment with the same greets, affectionate slaps on the back for acquaintances, and kiss incentive for some lucky girls.

"Sasuke is really so handsome" Tenten whispered to us. I almost nodded.

I must admit I am attracted to him. But attraction is different from love. And deep down inside, I still love that bastard cheating boyfriend of mine. Presently, Sasuke is just my abstraction from unrequited love.