Chapter 3- Edited

Chapter 3

Jasper and I continued our conversation as we watched the rest of the game. I couldn't help but notice all of the sly glances Jasper was sending my way. I giggle quietly, as he is clearly trying to make me feel something. Luckily my laughter wasn't noticeable as the entire room was laughing hysterically. Sebastian had come in dead last, to no one's surprise, and as he guessed correctly he dramatically fell to the floor.

The rest of the group gathers back into the middle of the room as everyone continues to talk to their partners. "Now that you have accurately partnered up, we are going to give you some time to get to know one another a little better over lunch. We will regroup in an hour for yet another opportunity to connect with your partner and then we will have some free time before the matching ceremony. During said free time you will be able to put in a joint request to be paired together with another individual, but it will only be considered as a priority if both students request this pairing. If you choose to leave the pairing to us, you will be partnered based on the application questionnaires, and that may not be the partner you are getting to know. Please submit any requests at the latest fifteen minutes before the matching ceremony."

Changing the subject, Madam Carter directs us to where the dining hall is located, and we are sent on our way to eat before the next activity.

Jasper gently leads me to follow the crowd, making sure I know that I'm not alone as people nearly fight to squeeze through the doors and down the hall to where the food was. A giant menu displayed the several different options they offered, but my heart was sold the second I saw spaghetti on the menu. I get distracted by the room around me as we enter the doors, unbothered because I already know what I want. With the gorgeous decorations, I would assume this was a restaurant, but because it is the first day I guess they are just trying to impress all of the newcomers.

As we moved closer and closer to the food counters, I overheard more and more Dominants ordering for their partnered submissives, and I was disappointed to see many simply giving them a salad. Who would be satisfied with a side salad as their meal? I look at Jasper dejectedly, attempting to accept the probability that a salad would be my meal as well.

"Hey, so I definitely am going to be getting the Strip Steak, any idea what you want yet?" Jasper asks as he gently wraps his arm around my waist. I blush at the little gesture, unsure how to feel about the rapid intimacy.

"Wait, you actually are going to let me pick what I want to eat? I thought most Dominants were forcing the subs to eat salads."

"Of course, Kayla, for starters, you are not my submissive yet, so I have no control over you. Secondly, I am a daddy, not a master, I have a responsibility to make sure that not only are the needs of my submissive taken care of but also their wants as well. The only time I might step in and say something in this situation would be if you wanted a plate of candy as your dinner, and that is purely in concern for the effects a sugar high would have on everyone," he chuckles while a smile grows on my face.

"Well, in that case, there is no way anyone is stopping me from being with my one true love, I can smell the spaghetti from here," I state as we step up to the counter.

"Then spaghetti you shall have, babydoll," Jasper jokingly responds and steps up to speak with the lady taking orders. "One Strip Steak with a Coke; and Spaghetti with uh.." his voice drags off as he's looking at the drink menu. Unable to stop me I step forward, knowing he would never think to choose this as an option.

"Could I have a glass of milk, please?" The lady smiles and nods at me as Jasper looks down at me with confusion on his face. Before he has the chance to question the brilliant pairing, I jump in, "Don't you dare knock it until you try it. It's so good, I swear I can't even eat spaghetti without it," I defend my taste buds as we are handed our food. It is all on a single tray, and before I can reach for it, Jasper stares me down, daring me to challenge him.