F O R T Y - O N E

Before anyone reads, make sure you read chapter forty! When I updated last wattpad was acting weird so idk if everyone got the update for it.

Also, Happy Easter!!!

(ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 41: ᴡʜᴀᴛ's ʜɪs ᴅᴇᴀʟ?)

"It was just a childhood crush. Besides, I think he's interested in someone else. Honestly, after how I reacted, I don't blame him for turning me down. I respect it, actually," Lily explained for what seemed like the fourteenth time over the past few days. "There's always more fish in the sea."

"What've fish got to do with anything?" Marlene stated, looking confused.

Lily waved her off. "It's a muggle expression, don't worry about it. Anyways, Remus and I were a recipe for disaster. We're far too alike."

"I'd rather date someone alike to me then completely different," Macey begun, walking and looking sulky. "Because if they're different, they can turn on you just like that and break you."

"Unless you're dating an assassin, I don't think we have to worry about that particular instance," Marlene snorted.

Valentine glanced at Macey again. Her friend kept quiet, but she knew exactly what she was thinking about.

According to Macey, after Valentine had left the Room of Requirements, Celia and Macey had gotten into a fight. Worse than the fight they'd had before Valentine had left. Harmful words were exchanged, all of which ultimately led to a break up.

Valentine still avoided Celia at any given moment, and James, even though he hadn't really cared for Celia, tried to persuade her to at least settle the tension between them so it'll make her feel better. Valentine refused, though.

The group of girls had finally entered the Great Hall, and they took their seats. The boys hadn't arrived yet, and Lily was grateful to have a few minutes of quiet.

They didn't have much time to carry out their conversation before an handful of owls dropped into the Great Hall. Valentine held her breath as Ollie, her personal owl, dropped her letter down before her.

Macey clapped. "Oh! Pass it to me when you're finished."

Valentine glared at her. "This is my mail."

"Your social life is my social life. Pass it to me when you're done," Macey repeated, shrugging as she made a plate.

Valentine held her breath and purposely peeled the envelop extremely slowly, pulling the parchment out its home gently.

She unfolded the paper, gently rubbing her thumb over the creases.

Dear Valentine, my sixteen year old daughter (again, sixteen),

I'm just so happy that you're in a relationship. From what I've heard about this James Potter, I just know he's wonderful!

Between what you said of all the girls loving him and finding him fit, I'm just so enthralled to meet him! Therefore you shall bring him home this holiday.