T W E N T Y - F O U R

(ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 24: ʀᴏᴏᴍ ᴏғ ʀᴇǫᴜɪʀᴇᴍᴇɴᴛs)

Weeks bled into months, and soon enough the students of Hogwarts had entered the month of May, and OWLS were approaching quickly.

After March, a month of birthdays, and April, a month full of studying, Valentine felt pretty prepared for the wizarding exams.

Remus had completely neglected Sirius, and Sirius had given up on trying to earn Remus' forgiveness for whatever he'd done. Now, if Sirius even showed up to dinner, he'd sit with Marlene or at the Hufflepuff table with Valentine.

Valentine could tell how much it was tearing apart both boys, both of them tired and missing each other greatly.

And on another note, Celia grew mor and more anxious as the end of the school year approached, the Slytherin having no desire to return home to her prejudiced parents. Celia had already reminded the girls she most likely wouldn't be able to write them, which upset them all deeply, but they knew it would be better that way.

Even Lily seemed upset, though her sadness was an effect of Remus' sadness. The sandy-haired Gryffindor had been rather down recently, and he went as far as to distance himself from the redhead, the reason unbeknownst to both Valentine and Lily.

But currently, Valentine's Day had had gone down hill after her classes. It was already dark outside, the starry sky peeking through the windows like leaves on a tree.

Peter and James had planned on doing a little something to cheer Remus up, just take him around the castle after hours and pull a harmless prank on Filch. They'd found it as the perfect opportunity, the groundskeeper sleeping in his chamber with Ms. Norris alongside him, however, just as James had gotten close to the man, he'd jumped up.

Valentine and the others didn't have enough time to duck under James' invisibility cloak, so they'd just ran.

Remus was besides Valentine, the two long since departed from Peter and James, the other boys having taken an opposite path to get away from Filch.

Valentine was panting, only just realizing how out of shape she was, when Remus spotted a door slightly down the hall, being quick to grab Valentine and yank her into the room behind her.

Remus shut the door behind them, sliding down as he breathed deeply, watching Valentine as she hunched over, hands on her knees, wheezing.

"Where-," her chest heaved. "Are we?"

"Room of Requirements," Remus responded, wiping a hand down his face, scars prominent as he sweat.

"Huh," Valentine said, looking around the room in amazement. She smiled thankfully when she noticed a bottle of water on a small table, reaching out for it. "I've heard of this room."

"Yeah," Remus nodded, swiping his tongue across his bottom lip. "We found it a couple years ago. Comes in handy."

"I bet. How many times you think Sirius has shagged in here?"