T W E N T Y - T H R E E

(ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 23: ʙᴀᴅ ᴍᴏᴏɴ ʀɪsɪɴɢ)

"Blast him!" Macey cursed, shaking her fist in the air towards Regulus Black.

The two Hufflepuff's had come to watch the quidditch match, their team playing Slytherins, and Hufflepuff wasn't too far behind before Regulus had found the snitch, claiming victory for the green team.

Valentine snickered and quickly grabbed Macey's arm, pulling it back to her side. "You have to admit, he's good."

Macey curled her lips, watching as Celia met Regulus on the field, Celia happily congratulating them on their win.

"Yeah, he certainly is," she grumbled, crossing her arms as she followed her blonde friend down the stands. The weather was nice that day, the air growing warm as they neared spring. Grass was vibrant and green, trees projecting their shade over the students as they made their way back to the school.

Valentine and Macey were just passing the greenhouses when the blondes name had been called, causing both girls to spin around and search for the culprit.

Approaching with a kind smile and bright eyes, Brett, a Ravenclaw boy who Valentine had met at Honeydukes so many months ago, walked up to them.

"I saw you drop this," he told Valentine, holding out a Hufflepuff scarf that had a faint trace of dirt on it. Valentine felt her chest, noticing her scarf had in fact fallen off.

"Oh, thank you!" Valentine said appreciatively, gladly taking the scarf from his outstretched hand. "Great game, by the way."

"Yeah, you guys too," Brett acknowledged with a nod. "How have you been?"

"Pretty good," Valentine answered, Brett falling in step with the two as they entered the school. "Terrified for my OWLS, though. Are they as hard as people say?"

Brett, having done his OWLS last year as he was a sixth year, nodded uneasily. "Oh, yeah. But as long as you study and prepare, you should be fine."

Valentine nodded, thankful for the information.

"Thanks, Brett," she extolled as they entered the courtyard, spotting the table where Valentine and Macey's friends all sat. Macey went ahead, leaving Valentine with Brett.

"No problem. Have a nice day!" He retorted as he backpedalled to a group of Ravenclaws, waving at Valentine. She watched his robes flap in the wind, then he was lost amidst the crowd of Ravenclaws.

Finally, she made it to the table, sitting on the cement slab besides Macey.

"What was that about?" James spoke up from across her.

"What?"

"That Ravenclaw guy," James gestured with his head towards the direction the boy had disappeared, a frown on his lips as he sat in thought."What did he want?"