Chapter 28

Peter's POV

I honestly couldn't answer everyone's questions, about how it feels to die. It felt more like I was falling in a peaceful sleep other than an horrible blank hallway like people portray it in movies. I was laying in my room at the compound, I didn't feel like going back home to Queens, I had to stay here and wait for Mia to wake up, I had to make sure she was alright.

I couldn't sleep, I was staring at my ceiling, when I chose to turn on the tv. I zapped a bit then found a channel, and my eyes watered a bit,

"You wanna hear somethin' crazy? Last night I... I dreamed that we were walkin' along and we met your father. He said, "Come on," and he put his arm around me. Just like he did with Robbie."

Dirty Dancing was on, and I couldn't stop thinking about Mia, and how the last time I saw this movie it was with her and it was amazing. Man I can't explain how I feel, I am so scared to lose her, I am mad at her for bringing me back knowing that she could've died right there too, but another part of me knows I can't be mad tho, she saved my life how could I ever repay her?I am so torn. Why would she bring me back.

"Peter, you gave your life for her trying to protect her, well she did the same, she used so much power, she was ready to bring you back at the cost of her own life."

Vision's words were ringing in my ears and dancing in my head, she was so important to me and I guess I am as important to her. I don't know how long I will be able to stay in this room without going out there to see her and wait for her to wake up and see her perfect smile.

Who am I kidding, I can't compete against Cap and Tony, they are much more mature, and well... buffed than me. I will have to accept the fact that I will only be her friend. But I guess it's better than nothing.

I looked over at my phone and opened my texts, I wanted to text her and my fingers started to type,

'Thank you' I started to write then deleted it,

'You didn't have to-' I wrote and deleted again, I didn't even know what to tell her, I stopped typing and just gave up, deleting everything I had written and turning my phone off, burying my head in my pillow.

If only things could be easy, if only I could be the only person she sees, but obviously luck isn't that nice to me.

"Now I've had the time of my life
No I never felt like this before
Yes I swear it's the truth
And I owe it all to you
'Cause I've had the time of my life"

I sang at the same time, I truly never felt like this before, to die then come back and see the person you care the most about laying there not knowing if she would make it made me die once more.

I continued listening to the song and eventually fell asleep to a dreamless sleep.

Mia's POV

I woke up and looked at the time on my phone, it was 7.30 a.m., I was so sick and tired to be in this bed, I took a deep breath and got up. Weirdly enough I didn't feel anything, no dizziness, no pressure on the head, I felt strong enough and I even felt my powers again. Maybe mom was right after all, I would be fine and eventually I would learn how to manage all of this.

I changed from my pajama, which I assumed Nat and Wanda, had put on me, and I took a long shower, put large black sweatpants and a large hoodie, I brushed my teeth and put my hair up in a ponytail. I still looked exhausted but I looked okay, I was so happy to be here, and I couldn't contain my excitement to see Peter and see if he was okay.

By the time I left the room it was almost 9 a.m., I made my way towards the kitchen and everybody was there I opened the door, to see every head turn to look at me. I scanned the room, and my eyes landed on Peter, he got up and ran towards me I jumped on his arms and started to cry, as he was holding me so close.