10: Eunoia

It was the hour of the starry, where the night sky had found its saviour; the luminous stars which twinkled under Jonathan's sapphire eyes, just like the pools of the oceans

They reflected the rumbling waves of sapphire yearning for acceptance at the feet of bay, while struggling for redemption. It wasn't just a drip of sapphire or ivy stare after stare. It was more than one could comprehend after a single glance as it would take just a stare at his sapphire clouded iris to tell his story.

A gaze would do but simply it wasn't enough to sought the emotions framed by thoughts his new found ally.

As he sat with his face directed towards the starry night. The weight of his mind descended into his body of stilleth. Jonathan risen in halt, as the voices who had a home in his head differed between what he was meant to believe and a life had founded in hardship. 

At that point, it dawned on him that he had become a lost soul running through the desert of no return, how he would be found beckoned at his mind, so did the name of years wheeled by.

Closing up his mind who had dug up a fight he flickered at each gaze focusing more on the world outside which looked calmer than him. What a peaceful amber, he cooed longing to feel just a taste of tranquility down his soul perhaps a trip to Reye's side of town would do the trick.

Although his body drastically begged for it  his mind  on the other saw salvation in the hands of chaos rumbling in his head.

So he kept it as it was till an aggregated mind turned to Jonathan for answers to questions the curly haired girl had wrapped in ribbons he was meant to untie.

But he couldn't, yet he played with ribbons, stroke after stroke with decisions holding up against him. Fright was his companion , as all it did was make him a spectator of each yearning decisons -that may either break him or make him or even worse send him to the pit of -

Jonathan hushed his unweary mind as laughter equipped his lips. He had his eyes on the mirror with the reflection of his thirsty broken self  staring him in the eyes viciously.

Another round of clouded laughter filled the air, dying when a sudden movement made the little wooden bed creak.  It was Madison who had fallen asleep while going through his father old poetry. 

She was fascinated about the fact his father was a well known poet who had gifted poetry not only to the humans of full abilities but also to those lost of life and hope.  He had earned money from poetry,  dug his talent into the grave,  giving life to the gold mines he had discovered during his wild search for inspiration.

Poetry made him rich, it made him a ghost in the shadow hour too.  A goner, a man that once walked the earth but even though his talent drove him to the grave it had earned him a name.

Every human that visited the North knew about Sir Aaron Bucklemen the first  man to have found gold when he had wandered for inspiration for his poetry. 

Years after years his story was talked about and when he had bore a son a splitting image of him to be precise. 

The world believed him would be as exceptional as his father: man of sleek words, heavy pockets and mannerism beyond compare.

  Sooner than expected, their hopes were thrown in the trash as Jonathan was nothing they thought he would be.

He had morphed to a delinquent, who lashed the earnings of his grey haired man after his passing, ran down his business as he paid less attention to it.

The world didn't let whist be whist.  They spoke about Jonathan's misconduct and blamed it on the mistress he had as a mother.

"He is from the stomach of a whore, of course he took her darkened blood. ". They spat. "It's good she died after birthing him unless she would been a despicable or as rotten as he is."

A wave of emotions clouded his mind, as a part of him he left untold skillfully crowned his mind. No one knew of his terrible past except Reye, who tended to watch him from far sight.

Although Jonathan had kept a part of himself locked, the ones he let to escape during his worst moments,  Reyes had tucked in the clasp of his hands.  Never did he judge nor did he remind Jonathan of his shallow years.  Instead he looked at Jonathan with fatherly words spilling from his lips.

"I'm glad you have become a man your father would  have been proud." He had always said and now staring at sleeping Madison who would want to throw her questions at his visage once her lids were to greet hello. He felt the  urge to be crowned with Reye's presence.

So he grabbed his coat, thickened to the core. It was always summery at the touch of the sun on the morning sky,  at night! it was a war zone atwixt the chilly winds fanning across the solitude hour.

Dear Jonathan didn't want to be caught between the cascading war. Without a drop of  hesitation he tucked his hands in his coat, zipped it up then took on the roads that cried for air.  The stomping of the feet of hungry citizens, loud shouts and stifling echoes was an enemy to the road searching for tranquility.

"Aren't you like me?" he huffed kicking the pebbles. he was sure this was going to earn him curses from the ground. At that thought, he shrugged  advancing to the next street highlighting Reye's house.

It was a tiny bungalow that stood out as it was the only one of its kind.  The rest were flats built by the town leaders used to scrap off every dime from the hands of the people. Wicked souls, he groaned taking on the porch.

It was just like it was the last time he visited filled with cans of beer, a rusted fishing pool and piece of lingerie. His eyes stopped surveying the instant it caught hold of the lingerie.

"That's new!" He said slowly retracting his eyes from the item and fixing it on the door.

A soft moaning sound boomed through his ears so did the subtle voice  of Reyer that reeked of authority.

"Damn!" His voice rose, so did the moans increasing by the second.  Jonathan took a step forward lacing his hands crooked out of  his coat unto the door knob.

Leaving hesistation, he jerked the knob forward bringing to view a heavily breathing Reye who had stumbled to the side and a very perplexed Diana hovering over with her hands across her pale skin glowing as stars would.

Bewilderment had become a companion to their countenance and roaring rage thwarted across their souls sent Jonathan laughing uncontrollably.

"Did I interrupt something? "