Mistakes And Revelations pt.2

Louis had been wiping off the same table for several minutes now, but the boy looked so lost in his thoughts that no one wanted to disturb him.

Paul's words from earlier that day were running around his head, making it incredibly hard for him to focus. He still couldn't believe he had suggested for Louis to just leave. Didn't he care what happened to Harry? Of course Harry could probably take care of himself, but the multiple stories about Simon made Louis worry.

And that was something Louis didn't understand either. Just why did he worry so much about Harry? Even Paul said he didn't get it, and Louis knew the man was actually quite fond of Harry like he was with all the other boys. A stand-in father.

Even if Harry had helped him, Louis reminded himself that most of it had been very reluctantly. He reminded himself how mean Harry had been to him and how he had most likely nearly killed him.

Why in the world would he worry about someone like that?

He already knew the answer though. Harry may not have been the nicest all the time, but he had still helped Louis. And Louis remembered Harry telling him a bit about why he was still working for Simon, and what Niall also said was the reason for Harry letting that Grimshaw in - he owed him.

That, and Harry had actually been somewhat nice. He had made sure Louis was well fed, he let him use the TV as he pleased and he even let Louis keep Oliver. Not just anybody would have done that. Certainly not any of the other fighters anyway.

In fact, Harry had been the nicest person Louis had ever lived with - not counting living with his parents before they found out he was gay. That time may have been happier, but with Harry he was at least getting some kind of attention. And now he even had friends who didn't mind who he was and who he liked.

Louis sighed and finally moved away from the table, only now noticing how many people were actually around him. The lunch rush was starting early. He quickly moved to get the rest of the tables ready, which allowed him to think of something else for a while.

While he was setting over a new wash, Niall came down from their flat where he had been sleeping out his hangover.

It had actually been Louis' idea for Niall to join Zayn and Liam when they went to cheer on Harry. He had felt somewhat bad about not going himself now that Harry was still fighting for him, but he really couldn't face him just yet. So he sent a penny with Niall instead, hoping it would speak for him.

Honestly Harry still scared Louis, no matter how much Louis wished he could forget. That, and he wanted Harry to work for it. If he really regretted everything as much as the lads said he did, he could come apologize himself.

Just thinking about it nearly made Louis snort out a laugh. Yeah, like that was going to happen. Then again, he had apologized before, so maybe he could do it again.

"Mornin'," Niall grumbled and grabbed a carton of orange juice out of the employee's fridge, taking a long gulp right from the carton.

It was clear the hangover was still lingering and Louis giggled at Niall's sour mood, his face looking like he hadn't slept in days. Moments like these made Louis appreciate his decision of not drinking alcohol.

"Good morning," he chirped happily, all his previous worries momentarily forgotten. Even if grumpy, Niall had that effect on people.

They worked around each other in silence for a few minutes, Louis tidying up a little while Niall worked on his breakfast. Why he didn't do it in their own kitchen Louis didn't know, but it was probably to keep Louis company, which he was grateful for. And with each bite, Niall's mood improved and it didn't take long before he was excitedly telling Louis about Harry's fight.