Saying Sorry

"Niall promised me he'd teach me to play FIFA sometime soon. I used to really like playing football, but haven't played in a long time and he says FIFA is almost like actually playing it yourself! And he says there are so many movies I have to see too and promised he would take me to the movies one day. He also wants me to try Chinese food - I've never tried it before, but he says it's really good and that we could get some the next time he comes over. That's okay right? He also said that I should try sushi, but I'm not so sure about eating raw fish... have you ever had sushi before Harry?"

Harry just grunted as an answer and Louis apparently thought it was good enough and started rambling about something Liam had taught him while Harry was training with Zayn a few days back.

After Harry had been nice to him yesterday after the fight, Louis had really come out of his shell. He had woken up with a smile on his face and talked to Harry without getting all teary eyed, and stuttering seemed to no longer be a problem. Harry wasn't sure whether it was a good or bad thing though.

It was of course nicer that he didn't have to walk on eggshells around the kid anymore, but after having been living alone for years, it was hard to suddenly have to share the flat. Not to mention with someone who turned out to be pretty much the opposite if Harry. And the fact that Harry had gotten up on the wrong side of the bed that morning, even grumpier than usual, didn't help the situation.

He didn't want to snap at Louis though, it would ruin the progress and it actually was somewhat nice to have the younger boy around. Harry probably just had to get a little more used to it. He could think of worse people to live with than Louis if he had to be honest - not that he would ever admit that.

"Harry?" Louis' soft voice broke Harry out of his thoughts and he turned to look at the kid, who was suddenly sitting almost right next to him.

"What?"

The boy blushed a deep red and looked down at his hands as if thinking about whether to ask or not, when his stomach decided to do it for him and growl loudly, making Louis bow his head in embarrassment as his ears turned red.

All the talk about food must have made him hungry and he did only eat a piece of toast for breakfast, so it wasn't surprising he would get hungry earlier than usual. Normally Harry would go and make something for Louis, knowing the kid was completely useless in a kitchen and would only end up making more of a mess than actual food, but at the moment he couldn't really be bothered to get up. For some reason he was in a real shitty mood.

Looking up again, he found Louis staring at him with his big, blue eyes, looking at him a bit like a dog waiting to be fed, and Harry raised a brow at him. "What are you waiting for then? I assume you know where everything is, I'm not your servant!" His voice came out harsher than he had wanted and Louis visibly cringed away from Harry, a wounded look in his eyes.

Before Harry could say anything - probably try to apologize but end up snapping again because he sucked at dealing with feelings - Louis quickly scurried off to the kitchen with a small whimper.

Harry sighed and hit his head against the backrest of the couch, cursing silently at himself. He really was bad at this whole 'being nice' thing. He couldn't help it, he was just naturally grumpy - like he was suffering from a chronic bad mood. And honestly he shouldn't really feel bad, Louis wasn't supposed to be his friend, but again, he couldn't really help it. Being frightened constantly wasn't something he wished for anyone. He really just needed to pull himself together and at least be a little nicer while Louis was with him.

Just as he was getting up to go check on Louis and hopefully prevent him from making a mess, the shrill of Harry's phone stopped him in his tracks. He frowned at the sound of the personalized ringtone - Simon.