Finding Oliver

*The Next few chapters will take place in a 1-3 week time skip*

Rain was thundering down on Harry and Louis as they quickly made their way towards the flat. The weather had been fine when they went grocery shopping at the small store near Harry's flat, but as they had stepped outside to go home it had started raining waterfalls.

And to make it worse, it was freezing cold with an icy wind blowing right through their clothes.

As Harry 's Bruise still hurt, Louis had insisted on carrying the heaviest bag despite Harry telling him it was fine, and now the boy was falling behind as he struggled with it. Harry sighed and slowed down despite his longing for the couch.

"Just give it to me Louis, we're not getting anywhere like this," he groaned and turned around. "Seriously we... Louis?" he trailed off as he realized Louis wasn't behind him anymore and he felt a spike of panic before noticing a bit of Louis' coat - which really was Harry's - sticking out from a small alley.

"What are you doing?" Harry snapped as he walked over to him. He really just wanted to go home, get some dry clothes on and hope he didn't die of pneumonia.

Louis was sitting on his knees, looking at something behind a dumpster and Harry nearly reached out to pull him up by the jacket but he held himself back. Controlling his anger and irritation was getting easier, but there was still times he wanted to yell at Louis. Or anyone else for that matter. But seriously, what the fuck was the kid doing?

"Look Harry, it's a kitten!" Louis said happily, completely ignoring Harry's obvious want to get out of the rain. "Oh the poor thing's completely soaked. C'mere kitty, c'mon let me look at you."

And out from behind the dumpster came a small kitten. It's nose, ears and paws were dark brown but otherwise it was snow-white. Its fur was clinging to its body from the rain. Harry scoffed, he had never seen the point in pets.

"Leave it Louis, we need to get this back," Harry groaned, gesturing to the groceries. And he wanted to get back on the couch.

"Can we take him with us?" Louis begged, looking up at Harry with his big, blue eyes, and Harry had to bite his tongue so he wouldn't say anything too harsh. But he was not taking that creature home. No way. And how the fuck did Louis know it was a he?

"No. Now come on or I'm leaving you." He picked up the bags and started walking.

"But..." Louis started behind him, his voice desperate. "We can't just leave him here! What if he dies?!"

"Then the world would have one less to feed..." Harry grumbled to himself before raising his voice so Louis could hear him again. "They're used to being outside, it'll be fine!"

Ignoring Louis' protests he kept walking towards the flat, knowing Louis would follow eventually. And if he brought the cat, Harry would just have to kick it out. He wasn't cruel in any way. Like he told Louis, they were made to live outside so it would be fine. Better than living with Harry anyway.

And Louis did eventually end up following Harry not looking too happy and he pretty much ignored Harry the rest of the way, walking a step or two behind him.

When finally inside the flat, Harry hurried to the kitchen to put away what they bought before changing his clothes, sighing contently when he finally got the uncomfortable, wet clothes off. He picked out some clothes for Louis from the bag with Niall's clothes and headed back into the living room.

Louis was curled up in his corner, looking at the wall with a pout. He was shivering from wearing the drenched clothes and Harry could hear his teeth clappering from across the room.