Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

"Ummm..." you trailed off, biting your bottom lip as the blush on your cheeks intensified. 

They both instantly sat up straighter, eyes trained on you until you spilled the details. 

"Oh. My. God. What's his name? Is he hot?" Jannah asked, wheeling her desk chair closer to you. Shara followed suit. 

"Is he hung?" Shara asked, holding out her hands, nail file still clutched in her grasp.  

Laughs tumbled from all of you until you were all nearly breathless. 

"Yes, he is very good looking...But this girl doesn't kiss and tell." You said, standing up, glancing at the time, showing that you had been talking with them for nearly an hour longer than you had meant to. 

They both groaned, rolling their eyes at you. 

"You're no fun, Doc." Shara mumbled, smiling as she winked at you, showing that she was only joking. 

"I am trying to live vicariously through you and you won't even give me the deets!" Jannah exclaimed. 

You shook your head, smiling at your nurses. 

"Goodnight, ladies. Please call me if you need anything." You said, taking your leave for the night. They both bid you a goodnight, going back to talking amongst themselves as you walked through the halls, back to the office you occupied when you were working. 

As soon as you closed the door, you dug your phone out of your scrub pocket, scrolling through the insane amount of stupid pictures Vic had sent you. A notification caught your eye, clicking on it quickly. 

Kylo Ren: I need to see you. 

You smirked to yourself, texting back quickly that you would be off in a few short hours. Right as you went to lay down on the couch, another text came through. 

Kylo Ren: I'm in the ambulance bay. If you're not down here in five minutes, I'm coming up there. 

You sat up in shock, staring at the text as a picture of the hospital's ambulance bay came through, knowing now that he wasn't kidding. Quickly, you pulled on your coat and snuck down to the Emergency Room. 

Your footsteps echoed through the halls, the silence of hospital hallways in the middle of the night always tended to creep you out, but you were more focused on finding Kylo. The automatic doors opened, letting the freezing New York winter air wrap around you, making you pull your coat tighter around your frame. It took just a moment for your eyes to adjust, noting a tall figure tucked away in the corner, the glowing end of a cigarette lighting up his sharp features. 

"There you are, Princess." Kylo's voice sent a shiver through you, sending heat straight to the apex of your thighs. Smoke billowed from his plump lips as you approached, his eyes trained on you. 

"Is everything alright? You've never visited me at work before..." you said, crossing your arms over your chest. 

Kylo smirked, snaking his arm around your waist to pull you close to him, burying his face into the crook of your neck, his lips brushing against the sensitive skin. You could feel him hum, the sound reverberating in his chest as he pressed his lips to your neck, earning another shiver. 

"What? I can't visit my Angel at work when I miss her?" Kylo said, trailing his lips upwards from your throat to your jaw, until he reached your lips. You could taste the remnants of his last cigarette drag on his lips, causing your core to clench around nothing. 

You pulled away, rolling your eyes and gently smacking his chest, causing Kylo to chuckle. 

"Ouch, Princess. You've wounded me." he whispered, pressing his lips to yours again.