Chapter Thirteen

Your heels clicked against the cement sidewalk at a brisk pace, your coat wrapped tightly around your body as Kylo's massive hand sprawled across the small of your back, leading you into a rather sketchy building, housing a 24-hour hipster coffee shop. It was not lost on Kylo as to how confused you were, how this was 'the club' he had previously mentioned on the phone. A smirk pulled at his plump lips, grabbing your hand as he pulled you through the shop, interlacing his fingers with yours as you walked up to the barista.

"Good evening, Mr. Ren. Your usual in the back?" the bright smiled barista said, looking between both you and Kylo kindly. You shifted on your feet, noticing how your wide legged, high waisted trousers brushed against your skin, hyperaware of the way your turtleneck clung to your shape.

"Yes, please, Aria." Kylo said, smiling at her.

Aria walked out from behind the bar, leading the both of you through the shop, stopping in front of a door tucked behind a corner next to the bathrooms. As you ducked through the threshold of the door, you could faintly hear the clinking of glasses, low conversations and the ending notes to a jazz song, tobacco smoke hanging thickly in the air. Descending a small staircase, you were met with an exposed brick den, leather couches spanned the length of the room, a small bar tucked against the back wall as a jazz band continued their set.

"Welcome to the Speakeasy, Princess." Kylo whispered in your ear, pressing a light kiss to the skin behind your ear. You were stunned, figuring you would have been led to a gentleman's club, rather than a quaint bar. As your eyes scanned across the room, you found a flaming head of hair that would have been impossible to miss, surrounded by the familiar faces of the Knights.

"Ah, Ren! It's about time you graced us with your presence! And you brought your Pet!" Hux's voice rang out in the space, anger seeping into your bloodstream as if it had been injected directly into your circulatory system. Walking up to the group, you could feel Kylo stiffen, almost as if he were an actor getting into character. Hux stood, resting his drink on a small wooden chest that doubled as a coffee table, snatching your hand in his freezing grip, pressing his lips to your skin.

"Ah, Armitage! I had no idea we would be graced with the presence of New York's most notorious sniveling cunt! What a pleasure!" you stated, your tone cheery, yet saturated in sarcasm. The Knight's booming laughter filled the space of the club, Kylo's snickering lost in his comrades' noise. Hux looked as if had been slapped, his mouth forming a small o shape in offense.

"Retract the claws, Kitten. He's not worth it." Kylo murmured in your ear, easing your coat from your shoulders before retiring to one of the couches. As much as you wanted to roll your eyes at his comment, you knew he was right; Hux was not worthy of your time, nor anger. You watched as Kylo relaxed into the couch, bringing his heel up to rest on his opposite knee while stretching his arms across the back of the seat as he watched you intently.

You watched his gaze crawl from the tips of your toes, all the way up the expanse of your curves until they reached your eyes, taking in every single inch of you. You could feel your core burn with desire, wishing more than anything that you could take him right in this moment. Clenching your thighs together, you watched a scantily clad waitress walk up to Kylo, handing him a glass of deep amber alcohol, her hand lingering for a moment against his.

Turning slowly, you walked up to the bar, knowing that getting a drink was the only good decision you could make right now. You were far from a jealous person, but something deep inside of you wanted to scream when you saw her hand brush his.

Pull yourself together, for fuck's sake!

"What can I get for you, dear?" an older man behind the bar asked, smiling at you. You shook your head, almost as if you were trying to physically launch your thoughts from your brain.