Chapter 81: Don't Poke A Beast

Taking a big stretch as her arms reached high over her head, the village doctor finally woke from her nights sleep. After checking on Alex several more times during the night, the doctor felt exhausted just sitting up.

"Last time." She reminded herself as a motivator to get out of bed and start her day. Shaking her heavy head to wake herself up more, the doctor groaned as she stood out of her comfortable bed and left her small room in the back of the hut.

As she walked out of her room at the brink of dawn in her rags still, the doctor nearly jumped back as she saw Alex sitting as stiff as a board upright on his bed. His hands were pale by how tight he was gripping onto the edge of the stone carving. She could just about see his fingers dented into the rock.

But while his strength was proving to be something worth being surprised over, she was more mortified by the dead look sprawled across his face. He looked gloomier than ever.

"Alex?" She questioned walking over very slowly to him.

To make matters worst the more she approached him the more she noticed the dark shadow covering his beaming yellow eyes. All of the hairs on his arm were standing and she could just about see his muscles trying to tear open his arms by the pressure he was putting into his grip.

"Alex." She tried to place her hands upon his shoulders to ease the tension building up in them, but instead she screeched when his death grip moved from the stone to her forearms.

Her breathing hitched as she could feel him pulling her down to meet his hazy eyes.

She felt powerless to say anything she she struggled to move an inch from under his hold.

But as she got closer she noticed just how dark his face was. Covered by only a few stray strands of hair. The man wore one of the most expressionless faces she had ever seen.

But the one thing that made her panic the most was the dried red ink like stains all along his lips and teeth.

Talking from behind his staggered teeth Alex growled deeply, "what was in that shot you gave me yesterday?" He demanded to know.

"What?!" She replied back in a hurry not realizing her response triggered an even bigger reaction out of him.

Slapping her face til she hit the floor hard, the doctor was in shock as she stared at the floor besides her eyes. The pain lingered on her cheek as it stung just enough to indicate to her that a bright red mark was left behind on her skin.

"Don't play with me!" Alex yelled as he stood off the bed violently. And in one quick motion he lifted the doctor by just the rags on her back and slammed her back down on the bed that he had been glued to.

The man swore for his revenge after he was left to sleep with the overpowering feeling of despair and agony punching him all night long.

By the time he woke up every limb, every bone, and every cell in his body felt like it was on fire. Whatever had happened to him last night from the strange new medicine the doctor had injected him with was clearly the result of using a treatment that wasn't meant to be tested yet.

Chocking for air as Alex left his hand held over her throat, the man with a violent glow snarled at her. "What was in that serum you gave me?! What did you do to me?!" He spat.

The doctor watched in horror as his eyes shook rapidly in place more times a second than she could count.

"I...I...I don't know." She cried out trying to pull the man's thick arm off of her neck. As she struggled to pry him off of her, the doctor gasped when she noticed streaks of blood running down his arm and towards her face.