𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 13: 𝚗𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎

It's been a few days since I found out about Hannah cheating and I still don't know how I'm supposed to tell Josh because I don't want to see him hurting.

Apparently Josh and Hannah made up so telling him is going to be harder than before.

I am writing in my song book to distract myself when Buddy, Josh's dog comes beside me on the couch and sits down.

"Hey girl, you hungry?" I ask. She barks and I smile at her and take that as a memo. I put my song book down and get up to go to the kitchen, Buddy following me.

I get her dog food from the pantry and walk over to her bowl next to the counter. I fill it up and she immediately goes to it and starts eating.

I go to the refrigerator and open it, prepared to see the strawberries I bought with my name on them.

I look around in the refrigerator and that's when I spot my strawberries. Except the bowl I had with my name on it is empty.

I roll my eyes and close the door to the fridge. I walk out of the kitchen and walk to the bottom of the stairs.

"WHO ATE THEM?" I yell. I hear multiple voices from different areas of the house and they all shout "Josh!" I roll my eyes and walk up the stairs to his room.

I knock on the door and after a few seconds I hear him say to come in. "Josh how many times have I told you not to eat my strawberries?" I say walking straight in.

He and Hannah are on his bed, watching tv. "Those were yours?" He asks.

I give him a blank expression. "Who else in this house eats strawberries? Plus they had my name on them." I say.

"He'll buy you some more, just shut up about your stupid strawberries." Hannah says rolling her eyes.

I raise my eyebrows at her and she looks at me, giving me a fake smile. "Hey, stop." Josh says to her.

I narrow my eyes at them then let out a humorless laugh. "Whatever, do whatever you want Josh." I say walking out.

I've been writing in my song book for about hour but I realize my pen is running out of ink. I sigh and get up, going to the coat rack in front of the door and stairs.

I dig through my jacket pocket and find nothing so I go through everyone's pocket until I get to Bryce's. I feel a pen in his pocket and grab it.

"Bingo." I say smiling. I turn around and walk back to the couch. After about 5 minutes I hear footsteps coming from the stairs.

I look back and see Hannah coming downstairs. I internally roll my eyes and turn my attention back to my book.

That's when I feel a presence in front of me. I look up and see Hannah standing in front of me.

"Can I help you?" I ask her. "Not really." She says. After a couple seconds of silence I decide to break it. "Then why are you over here?" I ask.

"What's that?" She asks pointing to my notebook, completely ignoring my question. "A notebook. Obviously." I say bluntly.

"What kind of notebook?" She questions innocently. "A song book...." I say slowly, getting annoyed.

"Can I see what you've written?"

"I'd rather not." I answer. "Oh come on, just one song." She says grabbing my notebook. I tighten my grip on my book, not wanting her to have it.

"I said no." I repeat. She yanks the notebook from my grip and opens it. I instantly get up and she backs away from me.