♡︎16♡︎

Mulai dari awal

"I bet he'd fit right in with the girls' club," I said, and everyone looked at me.

"For sure," he said, a smile lightening up his face.

"Let's test him. Four questions every girl would know. We each get one. If you answer right, you get half an hour."

Mina smiled, seeming to like this game. 

"I'll start," I said. "Name four makeup items."

The girls scoffed. "Too easy."

"For a girl," he said. I agreed. I didn't think my brothers could name two. 

He looked up, biting his lip. "Okay, um, that black stuff you put on your eyelashes."

"Official names," I said.

"Wait, I'm thinking." He slapped the table. "Mascara?"

"Good."

"Then there's"- he pointed to his lips- "lipstick."

"That's two."

"Cheek color."

Mina laughed. "Is that your final answer?"

"No. It's. . ." The other guys wandered over. "Cheek stuff, guys," he said. "What's it called?"

"No help from your friends," Toru said. 

"Maybe we should let them put their brains together," I said. Especially since one of the guys who walked over was hot and I wouldn't mind him hanging out for a while. They huddled for a minute, whispering, and Mina giggled. "This is fun," she said. I checked out the score on the TV while the guys were busy.

"Okay, we have an answer," he announced. "Blush."

"Very good. That's three. On more."

"Did you already do mascara?" Hot Guy asked.

"Yeah, and lipstick."

"Is there anything else?" the other guy asked, who had a head as a manga speech bubble, asked. 

"So much more," Mina assured them.

The original guy snapped his fingers. "Oh, oh, what about the brown stuff they use to cover their zits and stuff."

Toru gasped and I laughed. "What's it called?"

"No idea."

Hot Guy studied me for a minute and I shifted uncomfortably in my seat. "What's the stuff on their eyelids?" he asked. I had almost forgotten I had stuff on my eyelids. Stuff all over my face. 

"Shadow something. . .eye shadow!" the first guy yelled. "Passed."

"You still have three more questions, and that was the easy one," Mina said.

"Bring it."

The manga dude grabbed another chair. There were three of them and four of us. How did that work, I wondered, when we were odd-numbered like that? Hot Guy hovered by my side of the booth, and since I sat on the end, I scooted over and offered him the seat next to me. He took it. He smelled really good, like Cherry Chapstick and something clean. . .laundry detergent, maybe.

"My turn," Mina said. "Name two updo hairstyles."

"Updo?" the first guy asked.

"Yes, hairstyles where your hair is up instead of down."

"Ponytail," manga dude said.

"Okay, I'll count that. One more."

"What's that twisty one called?" the first guy asked.