♡︎ 1 ♡︎

The engine started to hum against my attempt to go a little faster. The yellow lines of the road went by on my left in such a blur. The ocean on my right didn't seem affected at all. It created an illusion. The illusion that I wasn't going fast enough. The tender curves on this road begged to be taken at higher speeds. I pushed down another inch on the gas pedal and the car lurched forward. My heart picked up its speed and I couldn't keep the smile showing from my face. Wind whipped through the cabin, sending my hair flying and drying the sweat on my forehead from my last practice of the school year. 

Red and blue lights flashed in the rearview mirror. I pointlessly lifted my foot off the gas pedal, as if that would help. I looked for a place to pull off the road already coming up with my story. By the time the cop reached my window, notepad in his hand, I'd thought of two great possibilities. 

When I saw his face and large red wings, all of my excuses disappeared. I sighed and rolled down the window slowly. 

"Y/N Aizawa, we meet again," he said. 

"Hi, officer." 

"What is this, the third time?" 

"Is it?" Fuck. What were the odds the same cop has to pull me over three times? THREE TIMES! "Uhh...my dad says hi." 

He laughed. "Your dad is a good cop, but his name isn't going to get you out of it this time. Not when you were going fifteen miles over the speed limit."

"Really? It couldn't have been fifteen."

"It was. I'm gonna need your license."

"Can I look at your radar, make sure you read it right?"

He raised his bushy golden eyebrows at me and I grudgingly handed over my license. My dad was going to fucking kill me. 

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

I walked in the front door and threw my bag under the entryway table, still angry about the damn ticket. "Where is everyone?" I yelled out. I followed the sounds of laughter into the kitchen. The blender sat in the middle of the kitchen island, surrounded by a bottle of Tabasco sauce, ketchup, and eggshells. Eijiro looked up and caught my eye.

"Y/N! Just in time!"

I could smell from the doorway whatever awful smoothie they had just created-it smelled like rotten tomatoes. "Oh no." 

"Oh yes." Denki snaked his arm around my shoulder and pulled me up to the counter. "Grab another glass." 

A glass was added to the others on the counter. "On three we down it," Eijiro said, pouring some of the soupy concoction from the blender into five glasses. 

"Why are we doing this?" I asked, looking at the four guys around the kitchen island. Three of them were my brothers- Sero, Denki, and Eijiro (who I call Eiji for short)- and the other might as well have been- Katsuki Bakugou. He'd been our neighbor for twelve of the sixteen years of my life and was always around. 

"One, to prove we can. Two, to toughen our stomachs for the pounding they're going to get in football tomorrow." 

"So, in other words, just to be idiots."

"That too," Eiji said, holding up his glass. "Ready?" 

"Losers have to wear it," Katsuki said smirking.

"Yeah, yeah, come on already. I want to run before dark." I took a closer whiff. I scrunched my nose in disgust. I shouldn't have, It smelled like shit...worse than Eiji's closet.