♡︎14♡︎

I walked into the kitchen to get a water bottle for my run and found Denki staring intently at the red Frisbee on the counter.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I can't do it. I can't call her."

"You're returning a Frisbee, Denki, not asking her out. Just dial the number."

"You're right. I know you're right."

I opened the fridge and grabbed a water bottle. When I turned around, Denki was in the exact same position.

"If you were Toga and some guy called you to return your Frisbee, what would you think?" he asked.

I pulled my foot to my butt to stretch out my thigh. "I'd think that some guy was calling me to return my Frisbee."

He grunted. "Yeah, but you're not a normal girl, so that doesn't count."

The ache in my stomach twitched, and I cringed.

"Normal girls read into everything."

Switching feet, I stretched the other leg. "And what exactly are you doing right now?"

"I'm not reading into anything, I'm psyching myself out."

I grabbed the phone off the counter and dialed Toga's number. "There. It's done." I thrust the phone toward him.

He held up his hands and wouldn't take it from me, jumping away from it like it was an opposing team's mascot or something.

"Ugh. You're such a wimp." I put it up to my ear.

"Hello?" a girl answered.

"Hi. Is this Toga?"

"Yes." She sounded like a completely normal girl- whatever that meant.

"My brothers and I were playing disc golf out at the cherry blossom park nearby Saitama the other day and found one of your Frisbees."

"Oh. Awesome. I guess putting the info on the back really works."

"Yeah. So what do want me to do with it?" Disc golf Frisbees weren't like standard cheapie plastic things. They were weighted and high-quality, so I knew she'd want it back. I happened to glance up at Denki, and he was clutching the Frisbee in two hands, staring at me.

"Can I come get it, maybe?" Toga asked. "Do you live near Saitama?"

"Not really. We're actually about five minutes east of the mall, by Arusa Shopping Mall (アルーサショッピングモール)."
(A/N: I really hope that's not wrong I mean I legit copied and pasted that Japanese written part from Google so🤷🏼‍♀️)

"Oh, cool, that's not too far from me. Will you text me your address?"

"Yes, but I'm getting ready to leave. My brother Denki will be here, though." And he owed me big for this.

"Okay. Thanks."

I hung up, then texted her our address.

"Did she sound cute?" he asked.

"Nope, she sounded like a big, burly girl. Have fun."

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

I lay on my bed, throwing a soccer ball in the air over and over. It was midnight. I couldn't sleep. I wondered if Eiji, whose room shared a wall with mine, was going to come over and tell me to be quiet. I caught the ball with a loud smack and then pulled my arm back, poised to hurl it against the wall this time. That would wake him.