Chapter 6

The hairstylist deftly smoothed a strand of hair back after spritzing it in hair spray...

"There it's done, take a look" she said as she turned the chair towards the mirror..

Krist looked at his reflection ignoring the drab cape over his evening suit..he looked perfect..a dash of gloss on his lips highlighted them...make up hid his faint scar and mole..his hair was smooth and styled back...

He nodded at the stylist smiling his approval of her work...thanking her by joining his palms..

"I am a great fan of ur drama Krist" she said waving away his thanks.. "styling u is like my dream come true..so the pleasure s all mine.."

Krist beamed wider at her compliment..he was happy when anyone appreciated his work...

He picked up the platinum studs as she started packing her stuff and clipped them to his ears..those and the coat pin were his only accessories tonight..

He smoothed the black suit over his stomach, feeling the anxious butterflies in there everytime he thought of Singto..

He knew Singto and Papa Boon would surely be there. They had been ardent supporters of the Thai Cancer Society since Singto's mother had been the victim of a malignant tumor..

In any case he would be running into Singto a lot while he was here in Phuket, not just because it was inevitable but as it was necessary..

Firstly they were neighbors and he was the one who had been caretaking the plantation when he was away...secondly he was also the legal executor of his father's will and if he needed to sell the place he would have to go through him...

Seeing him would be tough...it always was....even if ten years had gone by...

Wounds always healed with time, but sometimes the wound was so deep that it left a lingering ache which would torment us for a lifetime...no use on brooding over it..it was something he just had to suffer along...

He rose from his seat, looking for his pocket square..he folded it neatly. As he stuffed it into his pocket he heard a knock on the door, followed by Earth's deep voice "Krist can I come in?"he asked..

"Yes P'..come in" Krist answered as he checked the clock..good he was ready before time..

Earth walked in shutting the door behind him..

Krist turned to face him.."You look dashing P'Earth" He said a mischievous glint in his eye..

Earth smiled and touched his forehead to adjust a stray strand of hair..it then trailed lower to cup his cheeks as Krist leaned into the elder's warmth...

"So? How do I look?"Krist asked back, looking up from his hand...with puppy eyes..

Earth took a step back and contemplated his hairstyle and suit..."something s not right..have u put on all ur accessories?"he asked frowning...

Krist turned to the mirror and checked, his earrings were there and the coat pin..wat else did he need?

"I think this will make it perfect," Earth whispered in his ears as he slipped a platinum bracelet into his slender wrist..

"But P'Earth.."Krist started to protest..

"Shhh...please...as a token of our friendship..."he pleaded and Krist couldn't say no to those pleading eyes...

"I don't care if u have said that to every faen of urs..I love it..and I love the present..thank u" he said admiring it.

Turning to the elder he dropped a chaste kiss on his cheeks. As he turned to pick up his perfume, Earth snaked his arm around Krist's waist and pulled him closer,smashing their lips in a passionate kiss..