Chapter 3

"How many horses got away into the plantation Drake?" Singto asked his helper as they galloped, herding the rest together...

"I think about 5 got away P'.." the boy gave an estimate close to wat Singto had guessed, so he nodded..

"We ll look for them tomorrow. Hopefully a few will find their way back to the meadow...now just lead the rest into the corral will you?"

"Sure P'." Said Drake leading the other horses by their bits one by one into the fenced space..

"Daddy..Daddy.."his daughter Waan was waving her arms trying to get his attention..She wore jeans and t shirt with a jacket thrown over it. Her headphones lay forgotten around her neck. Her plaited hair swung around as she trotted towards him in her gelding pony..

"Tat was a real stampede wasn't it daddy?" She asked excitedly. "I can't wait to tell Buffy.."

"Yep that was a real one and you handled the pie really well too my pet." Singto praised her..

Singto watched her smile, glowing in the praise..seeing her liveliness and growing beauty, he was reminded of her mother..It was something that had unsettled him to see, though he expected it. It was as if Neen was reaching out from her grave to remind him of that one brief, beautiful, yet miserable year they had spent together as a couple..

"Yeah the Pie almost bolted. It took me all my strength to hold him. But then he settled down nicely for me..didn't you boy?"she bent down patting the pony's neck..

"He's a good horse." Singto declared..

"Who's a good horse?" Papa Boon asked riding in on his gelding..

"The pie ofcourse" Waan said proudly..

"Hmmmph he's all sand and no bottom" Papa Boon said picking out the pony's weak side..it did not have the endurance of the other horses.

She knew better than to argue with her grandpa and tried to change the topic...

"Did u see that plane, it was from GMMTV..who do you think was in there? P' Bright , P' Mixx,  or better P' Gun?" she gushed excitedly..

Singto realised she was close, but he knew none of them were in it. A better guess would be Earth and Krist, as he knew they were going to be shooting for the new film here. He still followed Krist's progress in the media. Until now the younger had not gone after fame, but now all that changed. He couldn't help but wonder wat had made tat change..the thought of Krist bringing a pang of guilt to his heart..

"I wish I was going to the party at the Banyan tree with you tonight.." Waan said with a sigh..

Singto smiled at her wistfulness and said " look at it this way, in a few more years u ll be old enough to be my date."

"Get real Daddy, girls don't date their fathers." She said with an  admonishing glance.

"Aww really,  it's my mistake then" he laughed putting his hat on her head..she pushed it back to see better and laughed along with him, making a special moment between father and daughter..

"About five to six horses are lost in the plantation, we ll try to get them tomorrow. "Singto informed his father..

"But daddy tomorrow s my piano recital. U promised to be there. Aunt Nam will be there too. I have been practicing for weeks."she whined..

"Now we can't miss that can we. We'll then we ll do it after your recital. Is that ok honeybee?"he asked pinching her cheeks..

"You're the best daddy" she said hugging him..