24 | Betrayed

Mulai dari awal

Even when after few awkward minutes we both burst into fits and fits of laughter, Inaya still demanded for my milkshake for getting her forgiveness.

"But what were you doing here at 2:30 at night, Ofcourse I thought its some ghost" It was my time to narrow my eyes at her.

"Your husband happened, he called me non-stop until I picked up his call and then ordered me to go stay with you" rolling her eyes she lays back, resting against the headboard.

"Zain?" I bite my lips to hide my grin, but my heart flutters more and more at her words. How much more can I fall for him?

"Do you feel sleepy?" I shake my head at Inaya's question, "let's watch something" sitting up excitedly, she rushes to switch on the TV and the comes back and makes herself comfortable.

"Inaya?"

"Hm?" She nods with her eyes on the TV, "how come nobody came and checked on us? We were screaming murder from what I can remember" tugging my legs under my chin I ask genuinely confused.

She chuckles and nods in understanding "because our rooms are sound proof, and only one two rooms are their upstairs on this side, yours and guest room, and Zaarib called me asking why I was screaming" My eyes grew big at this new information.

"So even if we get killed nobody is gonna know?" She laughs shaking her head "No! Our house security is the best so first you won't be killed and second I am sure many heard our scream but just ignored it like Zaarib did"

I nod fully hoping that is what it is. What is the stalker comes and I scream and nobody comes for my rescue. I shudder shaking my head, even the thought is scary.

2 hours Later

"Why would you put on something like that?" I mumble huffing and puffing to calm myself down, cause I am so close to bursting into tears.

Inaya only laughs and switches off the TV.

"That was such a bad movie" I wipe the corner of my eyes quickly when her back was turned towards me.

"Movie with a reality bhabhi, you know happy endings aren't always true" she tugs herself in the bed and turns towards me.

Narrowing my eyes at this mature girl I lay down, making myself comfortable too.

-2 weeks later-

Pulling my legs closer I rest my chin on knees while looking at the cities view which is very beautiful from our balcony.

My lips twitches when cold wind hits my skin, it looks like the wind is trying her best to ease my unease feeling and the loneliness I am feeling.

When Zain called me to inform his stay has to be extended because of work, only I know how I wanted to scream at him and say him to come back and not leave me here, where I don't feel safe but his voice was already tired filled with guilt and I would be the worst wife If I just added more stress so I stayed quiet.

Dark circles are visible now because of the sleepless nights I am spending.

The calls I thought would end didn't end.