21 | Pampering

We decided to return home after spending some quality time together, but I am still furious with Zain. But I don't want to be an immature wife who sulks like a child. Which I have already done.

Even though I know my inner self is a child, Zain is handling me without complaint, which is why I call him a jewel. That's too clichéd, I know. A rare gem that is now mine.

But when we're in love, all the cheesy and cheeky things disappear out of sight.

I'd better stop grinning like a creep because I'm still flying in the air after that sweet kiss. Which made my heart and mind race. I look like a high school student who has just been proposed to by her crush. Jannat, take a deep breath. Act like an adult.

Zain pov

"They are here" Inaya yells as if to tell us she was waiting for us, I roll my eyes at her antics pulling the nervous Jannat with me.

She thinks they will abandon us just because I yelled at them (for a good reason)

"Zain we are late! I am sure they are hungry and they were waiting for us!" she whisper yells with a glare squeezing my arm.

"It's 2:00 Jannat, not even 2 to be exact"

"Oh Dii" hoping off the couch Aayan rushes towards his sister when he spots her.

"Where did you go? I was searching for you and Inaya di said you went out" the pout slowly forms on his lips make me automatically bend and take him in my arms.

"I am sorry that you had to search for her" I know he is still not comfortable with us as he is comfortable with his sister. His stiff posture or the words he eats us, or just eying the plate without asking tells so many things that my heart clenches at his silence.

"I came to tell you we are gonna have a quick look at the city but you were asleep, and you were smiling while sleeping which means you were having a very sweet dream and I didn't want to wake you from that sweet dream" I peck his cheek to shower him with some love and he gasps with wide eyes.

"How did you know?! And I was searching for dii to tell her my dream!" He laughs looking all giddy,

"What was the dream?! I want to know" I place him down when Jannat pulls the bundle of joy from my arms.

They move towards the couch, and Jannat doesn't pull Aayaan to her lap like always cause now she is ill.

Jannat nudges me with her elbow and eyes towards the kitchen "Go" and whisper yells with a glare

This Madam, whose guts have increased to an extra level has warned me all the way to home to go apologise to Ammi first.

Clearing my throat to gather myself, I leave the siblings to go make up with my mother.

Quietly tiptoeing in to the empty kitchen where only Ammi is cooking, I carefully snake my arms around her waist, squeezing her in my arms when she wraps her tiny palm around my arm.

I know I shouldn't have loosed my temper, when it was just a misunderstanding. But the idea of making Jannat so uncomfortable didn't set me well.

And I even warned her to be quiet but she was so overwhelmed over nothing.

"I am sorry" Pressing a kiss at the back of her head I move to lean against the counter so I can see her.

"Shouldn't I be the one who is apologising?" she quietly lets out, and I can tell from the way she is hesitating, she got a nice lesson from her husband.

Crossing my arm I shrug "Maybe" dropping the spatula she was very quick to smack me.

"Your asking your mother to apologise?" She gasps in disbelief "Let me tell you these are the signs that end is near" she shakes her in disappointment.