17 | Assurance

When Zain's eyes can be the warmest, it can also be complete opposite, his silent stare right into my soul literally makes my soul leave body at the way he is demanding answers without questioning.

I bounce my leg up and down in nervousness, waiting for the worst while the others are just waiting in awez

When he only receives my nervous glance with my eye already blur he clears his throat looking down. A forced chuckle leave his lips, which sounds too dreadful to my ears.

But my heart literally breaks when he gently removes my hold from his hand which is just begging for some assurance, but he pulls my hand away.

Pulling my abandoned hands together I squeeze them taking my clenching hearts pain on my poor hands.

"Who else will buy her flowers other than me, hm?" He raises his eyebrow in playful manner masking his confusion so professionally, as if he is trained to do that.

"I felt so proud seeing those beautiful flowers, Zaid learn something from your brother!" Mama grins but soon glares at Zaid who grins at her mother nodding. And I see Humma bhabhi getting shy in the corner. If not the angry Zain's who is clenching his jaw to control himself I would've smiled seeing her exclaimed happily.

"It goes to you too" Mamma turns towards her husband who gasps at the accusation "You've never done anything like this in our entire 30 years of marriage, learn something from your son" mama rolled her eyes on her husband who glares at Zain for being competitor. But Zain literally ignore everyone eating quietly in his thoughts, I so want to hold his hand but I am scared he might lose and yell at me infront of everyone. What if starts demanding questions infront of everyone, No No that cannot happen.

Squeezing the hem of my dress I try keeping myself busy and not with thoughts of Zain being angry at me. I don't want that.

"Yeah it was so Romantic just like the movie I watched this morning" Inaya dreamily comments getting a hum from his brother who soon fills his mouth to not talk.

Bouncing my legs up and down I sit in the corner of bed, with my eyes strained on the door, just waiting for Zain to come.

I sniff when my nose runs because of the tears which are flowing non-stop, roughly wiping them away I wrap my arms around myself feeling way to lonely in the room without Zain.

I don't know where he is. He just left without saying a word after dinner. I know he is more mature than this, did he already made assumptions of things that are not true.

And Zain is a rash driver, what if something happens? It's terrible to drive when we are angry and he literally left with his keys.

The fear that is building up my chest is only making me sob more and my body trembles as I try to keep it low.

I try assuring myself that he is absolutely fine but the assurance doesn't reach my heart.

Turning around I quickly search for my phone, throwing the pillow away carelessly I find the phone below the pillow.

Grabbing it I quickly dial Zain's number but my trembling hand only delays my action.

Just when I was about to call him I hear the door quietly creek open, and when I see the figure my eyes was begging to see.

I stand up quickly just wanting to rush and squeeze him in a hug but in fear of being pushed away I stand with my hands fisted but couldn't help the sob that leaves my lips in happiness of him being absolutely fine.