Chapter 7

Emery

One Friday afternoon, Braydon stepped out of his office at around one pm.

He was dressed in a plain white shirt and dark blue jeans with a white sneaker.

"I'll be heading out early today." He said.

"Have a good weekend." I said.

"You too." He said as he walked towards the elevator.

Once he got into the elevator. I did a happy dance. With him away this afternoon will save me sometime. I don't have to worry about serving him his snack or cleaning after him.

I spun around chair and stopped to look at my painting that I have decided to put it on the wall behind my desk. The large canvas of the heavy waves hitting the rock.

The idea came to me a while back when I was in my deepest point. The big rock represents me while the waves represents the obstacles and problems that I was facing at that time.

The painting was a reminder to me that no matter how badly the waves may hit the rock. The rock will remain intact in its position.

When I brought this painting on the first Wednesday that I started working. Braydon didn't seem surprise at all but stopped by to look at the painting. He silently watched the painting for a while and then walk to his office.

I thought he would ask me to remove the painting but I'm glad he didn't.

Once the clock hit five. I stood up and stretched. It's time for me to go home. I have to head home quickly to continue brainstorming ideas for my upcoming art exhibition.

Lately, I've been running out of ideas and having troubles to come up with art pieces.

Working for Braydon is tiring and by the time I'm home I'm exhausted which eventually made me delay my own work.

It's almost two months now since I started working for him and I'm still not use to working for him or working for someone else. There are some days when I have slip ups where I get really angry and frustrated with the way he's handling some situation and have almost have arguments with him but hold back for the sake of keeping my image as an assistant.

Weekends are the only time that I try to keep my sanity by doing my own task and work. It's not easy balancing two different roles and pretending to be someone else.

After shower and dinner. I sat down in the mini art studio that I have set up in the apartment. I looked at the blank canvas and sighed.

My phone rang in the midst of brainstorming and I scowled. I should have turn off my phone or left it on Do Not Disturb.

I see Braydon's name flashing on my phone. I rolled my eyes before answering the call.

"Hello?" I said, annoyance cleared in my voice.

"Hello?" An unfamiliar voice spoke on the other side.

"Braydon? I mean is it Mr. Rivera?" I said quickly correcting myself.

"No. I'm his friend speaking. Your boss is drunk as f*ck." The man said.

I raised one of my eyebrow. "That's none of my business. I don't do overtime and especially if it's related to personal issues."

The man from the other side laughed.

"Even your assistant doesn't give a sh*t about you." I could hear the man telling someone. I assume Braydon.