The door on my side opened and a woman came out with my new responsibility in hand.

The moment I laid my eyes on her I fell in love.

"Hey," I said in a pitched tone. The small bundle of hair barked. The vet passed her to me. Her tail was whirling from side to side. "Oh my God, you're the cutest little bean I've ever seen"

 "Oh my God, you're the cutest little bean I've ever seen"

I've always wanted a pet but never had a chance to. I also wanted a good childhood but we don't always get what we want.

I quickly started placing kisses on top of her soft head. "I love you already" I whispered petting her.

"Hi, Cora. I'm Maya" I talked as she licked my chin.

I filled all the documents remaining at the adoption center. Cora was such a beautiful dog. I immediately connected with her. I couldn't believe I was relating to the backstory of a dog.

After finishing up there I went to a pet shop and bought a few things I needed to take proper care of Cora, and a black dress. Duh. I was obsessed with her. She looked like a princess. She looked better than me for fuck's sake.

"Do you like Nicki Minaj?" I asked, actually expecting an answer. She didn't react she just swings her tail whenever I talked. "Shakira?" I inquired. This time she barked.

I was driving around the city for no reason at all. It was relaxing.

I lost sense of time and before realizing I had to start working. "Fuckkk" I grunted parking the car behind the club. I turned over and faced Cora, she was sleeping on the small bed I bought her. Of course, it was black with a little red bow on the front. "Minors are not allowed to enter such place but I don't think that law applies to canines, or does it?" Why was I talking alone?

I reached to the back and took my purse with it Cora's leach. "If you need to pee let me know and I'll show you Britney's shoes" I took her and locked the car.

"Maya, Maya" A small voice screamed. Please, is that who I think it is? I swiveled around to see whose voice was that. "Hi" Lucia greeted and waved her hand.

"Oh, hey little human" I answered. I took a look around, she was accompanied by a tall man. "What are you doing here? Alone?"

She beamed, she was so sweet it made me start to like her "I'm not alone, silly." She turned around and pointed at the guy "This is one of my bodyguards, and the other one it's inside"

"Oh, that's nice. I guess"

Cora started barking and swirling her tail. Lucia widen her mouth and her eyes glowed "Can I hold her? Pretty please" She pouted and extended her arms. "Sure but be careful" I notified her and leaned passing the dog to her. Cora licked her cheeks and nose. Lucia was talking to her as if she has never seen a puppy in her life.