—————

"Wake up! It's your day! Get up!"

"Imani! Shut up."

My wedding day was always something I feared. Not because I didn't want to get married but because I had no one to walk me down the isle and I had no mother to cry about how i'm growing up. I didn't have my brother to threaten to kill King if he ever hurt me.

"Come on we have a lot to do." Valencia busted into my apartment with 6 bags wrapped around her wrists.

Valencia Ruiz what is this shit."

"So I brought a bag of blushes, concealers, mascaras, eyeshadows, curling irons and heels."

Imani, Adrisia and I glanced at each other.

"Okay go shower and we will take over from there."

After I showered it took them 4 hours to do my hair and make up. It was all worth it in the end.

"Okay you walk in an hour how are you feeling."

"Like i'm gonna throw up."

They laughed but I wasn't joking. I felt anxious. All the "what if's" traveled through my mind again.

"Don't you dare! You'll ruin your make up!"

"Hey Bitch!"

I gasped and begun to cry causing Valencia to scream at me about ruining my make up.

"Carter! I thought you couldn't make it!"

"You know me better then to miss my main hoes biggest day of her life!"

"I missed you so much"

"I would miss me too."

We all laughed and caught up with Carter, he left New York for awhile to go on a trip with his new man to Hawaii, you'll never guess who it was with...yes, the whore of a white boy, Matthew.

It surprised us all.

"Alright it's time."

Carter decided for himself that he was going to be the one to walk me down the isle.

The first sight I got of King almost knocked me on my ass. He will forever be the most attractive man my eyes will ever see.

"Bitch if you don't jump on that."

"Carter!"

"You already have! You dirty whore!"

"Okay be quiet, you aren't supposed to talk while you walk me."

King and I exchanged our vows, our eyes shared everything we needed to say to each other. All the moments we've had together, the fights, the tears, the smiles, the laughs, the near deaths, everything has added up to this moment today.

I took a risk. Something I never did once before until I met him. He changed everything about my life for the better. I changed him for the better. We've both grown and learned many lessons together, everyday building each other up. I wouldn't do anything different.

Someone grabbed my arm and pulled me into a hug, shocking me. "Dena! Im so happy you could make it, I wasn't sure if you got the invitation."

"I always knew you'd find your way back to him! You two remind me so much of my husband and I...both so stubborn but so in love." She looked over at King who held his hand around my side, "You hold onto her, she's gonna be the one to keep you alive, something I couldn't do for my husband. Michael will get what he deserves." She winked at us before walking away.

King laughed and grabbed my hand as we begun to dance. "You will forever be the most beautiful women that stands."

"You're not so bad yourself"

He looked down into my eyes before smiling.

"I love seeing that smile."

"You don't see it a lot."

I've seen him smile 3 times since i've known him and it's taking my breath away every time.

"I love you."

"I love you so much more."

"King there's something I have to tell you."

Here goes nothing.

"What is it?"

"I'm pregnant."

"I'm gonna be a dad?"

I was so scared to tell him incase this isn't what he wanted, but a smile broke across my face when  all the boys jumped into the air bumping into each other as they did.

"Congratulations boo."

"Thank you girls, I don't even think I would be alive right now if it wasn't for you guys. I love you!"

"We love you."

One thing I can say i've learned from my story is that even when it feels like everything is falling apart, there's always going to be something that holds it together. For awhile it was my writing, then it was Valencia and Imani, and now my husband. Shit got hard but here we are, alive, well, and happy.

After everything that we've gone through, one thing kept me fighting.

His love.

———————-

Here are some of the wedding details if you wanted to see!