Party

Chapter 11

When we finally arrived in Alabama, King was ready to kill Keegan, but I managed to calm him down enough to make it inside the house.

"Okay... on 3 everyone is going to run and pick a room." Imani looked at all of us getting into her running stance. "1...2...Go!"

"You didn't even say 3!" Cole yelled as he shoved Cell down the stairs.

I ran into the biggest room in the house, "Cole get out I was here first."

"No you weren't!"

"Yes I was!"

Cole threw his bags onto the bed and sat down, trying to show he wasn't moving.

"Fine, if that's how you want it." I pick up his bags from the bed and throw them out the door and into the hallway.

He scoffed, "Whatever...I don't need my bags anyway."

"And you're sure that you don't wanna give me the room?"

"Of course i'm sure."

King then entered the room and leaned against the door frame raising an eyebrow, challenging Cole to stay.

"Uh...of course I will give you the room Elaine..." as he passed me he mumbled "not fair."

I turned to face King, "Why'd you do that, I had it handled." He laid across the bed folding his arms, "I never said anything"

He never has to say anything, he's terrifying. Honestly I'm still scared of him, I know he wouldn't hurt me...I think, but anyone would be scared of someone who holds no emotion.

"Knock Knock get ready, there's a party on the beach tonight" Valencia informed us while tripping over her feet, "are you already drunk?"

"What? No, Cell spun me in a circle and said whoever I fell into could have me."

I sat on the bed in awe over the lengths these boys will go. "Well, who won?"

"Carmelo."

"Stop lying! He pulled you into him!" Cell exclaimed running into the room.

"Now get out." King got off the bed and closed the door in their face. "King!"

"What" I sighed, throwing my head back. "Get out so I can change."

"Nope."

I crossed my arms over my chest, "I won't look, I swear."

"Pinky promise?"

"Fuck no. That's for girls"

I rolled my eyes and opened my suitcase, I decided to change into a white bathing suit top and bottoms with a see through chained, jeweled, skirt. It looks better than it sounds.

When I turned around I noticed King facing me, "I wish I could beat you up." I grabbed a beach towel, King stared at me with his eyes narrowed. "What?"

"Nothing. Just hate to have to kill someone tonight." He walked past me and out the door to go downstairs. "King!"

-------------

It seemed like everyone in the neighborhood was at this party. The music was so loud you could feel the ground shake. King could tell I was uncomfortable and grabbed my hand before looking down at me.

It was weird, I never cared for crowds but loved parties, something about the music and just seeing people dance and enjoy life made me happy.

"Elaine! This is Savannah." Cell stated while throwing his arm over the girl's shoulder, "My name is Sabrina."

"Whatever, anyway there are drinks over there, Valencia is...well she was on this guys back."

Sabrina flicked Cells arm off her shoulder and stormed away, "Sapphire, baby come on! I was kidding!"

"Yeah...I'm gonna go find Valen." I gave King a smile before pushing through the crowd to find Imani and Valen.

"New face." I ignored the voice and continued searching for the girls, "Hard to get...I like that." I sighed loudly before turning to face the guy, he was pretty tall and not bad looking, but definitely not my type. Not King.

"Excuse me." I attempted to push past him but he grabbed my wrist, "you okay? You looked panicked.." My eyes snapped to his hand, "Well when a stranger puts his hands on you, you tend to get a little nervous, no?" He quickly released my wrist and began apologizing, "I didn't mean to grab you, I just knew you would have kept walking if I simply asked."

I took a deep breath rolling my eyes, clearly showing how annoyed I am, "yeah." I walked away from the conversation while the random guy followed behind me like a lost puppy.

I stopped abruptly causing him to trip, "Is there something I can help you with" He looked at me confused, "You are following me like a lost puppy, there's clearly something you need." I crossed my arms, dropping my shoulders.

"Can I get your number?"

I stood there completely pissed off, I turned on my heel and kept walking. "Can I at least get your name!"

"Karen, now please stop following me, it's getting weird."

"Elaine." I stopped dead in my tracks when I realized he knew my name. "Oh shit. I didn't know you were actually Elaine...don't tell King I touched you." I looked around confused before looking back at the man, "Excuse me?"

"I didn't know you were Elaine, he would beat my ass if he knew I touched you."

I shook my head, still not understanding who this man was, "Shit, sorry my name is Braylon, everyone calls me Bray, i'm King's cousin."

I made an O shape with my mouth when everything began to click.

"We've heard a lot about you, we've all been ordered to protect you with our lives. He cares alot about you clearly, the only person he's ever ordered to be protected with our lives, is him. Conceded much"

I chuckled at his comment he made before King came over, "Bray I told you not to speak to her."

"Sorry about it bro, I didn't realize that was your girl until I said her name, then I had to explain myself."

His girl? I think I missed a part of this conversation.

"Don't mistake it again, family or not I'll kill you."

"He's so feisty isn't he." Bray said winking at me.

Bray began to run away before King can hurt him, "Catch you later shorty!"

King scanned over my body, a small look of concern written on his face, "Did he touch you?"

"King I'm fine, he doesn't look scary, he seems nice. "

"Looks tend to be deceiving Elaine, he's family, he wouldn't hurt you, but the boys he rolls with, they will, and then they'll die."

"You're like my sister now Elaine, we will all kill anyone for you." Cole said running past with a football in his hands before being tackled to the ground by Bray, "Yup anyone can catch these hands over Laine."