Chapter 8

*Picture of Vince*

                                                                         Chapter 8~ Celebrations

~December 18~

*Jasmine*

I was in pure bliss from my praise break Sunday yesterday. I sipped on some Chamomile tea and it was so good. I found my favorite spot which was the kitchen window and I remember being little how daddy had his favorite chair by the kitchen window. That same window he'd wait for me to get home from walking every day. About this time every year he'd get me my one present for Christmas. While the other kids got new shoes and clothes, my thing was when Christmas break was over, I'd go back with the same old winter things I had been given weeks before when September came around at the beginning of school, the old hand me downs from the local church. I didn't care because to me, they were new.

"Jazz!" LayAnna walked in the kitchen swinging her hips.

"You know you act depressed sitting here all the time in this window, get up girl, we are going shopping!" she pushed me out the chair and gave me a huge white coat with a hood on it.

"Lay! Come on, I was meditating in the Lord" I snapped at her.

"You have birthday gifts to buy, so get over it!" She threw her bag over her shoulder and grabbed the keys to her jeep or whatever it was.

"Okay, let me go tell Xavier." I said and started up the steps.

"NO!!" Wait, I told him that we were going shopping and that's why I have this" she chimed and fanned a plastic gold card.

"Let's go!!" she wiggled her brows.

I zipped up my boots and pulled the coat together and we ended up fighting the Christmas crowds of people. I wondered if Xavier celebrated Christmas for the pack house, I mean there were some young wolves, even teens and they may have not had parents or mates and would be alone this Christmas.

We sat at the food courts before we started our shopping and Lay smiled at me. "Okay, you ready to know what I planned out for you chika?" she laughed.

"What LayAnna?" My eyebrows shout up looking at her in suspicion of her plan.

"Okay, so December 20 is Alpha's birthday! So you need to gear it up because my good, sweet mate arranged a sweet, romantic get away for you guys at the Ski mountain resort, it's just an hour away with uh...on the jumbo jet. So you'll have to fly again, sorry but It's worth it girl, I promise!"

"His birthday, how old will he be?" I asked her and she grinned.

"What?" I put my burger down and took the napkin to my face, I must have had something somewhere the way she was glaring at me.

"Fool, you robbin the cradle; he's 34!" she laughed and grabbed her apple juice chugging it. "Damn this shit good, love my apple juice"

I narrowed my eyes at her. "So while I am 36, he's 34! What the heck man!?"

She was laughing and I ignored her. "Awe damn Jazz, it's no big deal! He's more experienced than you, at least you're a virgin and stuff."

"Whatever, so where is this ski lodge place?"

"Oh its Illinois so it's not far, plus it will be a change of scenery too and the snow is good for skiing. So anyway, you finished eating so we can go get you some sexy ass things and his uh...birthday gift which can be something sexy too!" She laughed and I rolled my eyes.