53- New Girl

*NESSA’S POV*

Nessa was in class again, trying to avoid eye contact with Josh. Finding out he’d CHOSEN to stay around had really sent her brain into a tailspin. She was trying to figure out why and nothing made sense. She got so distracted that she dropped her pen next to her chair. She struggled to bend over the desk with her belly getting in the way every angle she tried. She sucked in a deep breath as someone reached past her and grabbed the pen. She sat up in shock as Josh handed her the pen as the teacher babbled on in the background about next class. 

Nessa: “T- Thank you.”

Josh: *with an anxious tone that was trying to sound annoyed*
“It’s just a pen. Geez.”

Nessa scoffed and shoved the pencil in her bag before storming out of the classroom. Everytime she thought he could be decent, he did or said something that reminded her how much he seemed to hate her. She was rushing towards her car when she bumped into someone. She looked up and her frustration immediately turned into butterflies.

Cynthia: “Do you need a get-away-driver, or what?”

Nessa: *nervously laughing*
“No, sorry. Just ready to get the hell away from my last class.”

Cynthia: “Hey, I remember you. Girl with the map and good timing… Nessa, right?”

Nessa: “Yeah. We actually have econ together too. I noticed you in the back the other day.”

Cynthia: “No kidding? It’s a huge class though, but very cool. Maybe we could study together sometime?”

Nessa found herself wondering if Cynthia was just super friendly, or if there was any chance she might be into girls when Cynthia clarified:
“I  totally have no friends here, so bet!”

*END NESSA’S POV*

It was Saturday finally and you and Chase were heading home to spend time with your family. Jaden had just gotten home from his California trip and was already going on and on about all these new ideas he had for Chase within minutes of walking in the door. The boys chased each other down to the basement singing at the top of their lungs while you just shook your head and laughed. Mads seemed less amused so you moved to sit by her on the couch.

You: “Hey sis. Wanna do something?”

Mads: *hugging you*
“I missed you.”

You: “I missed you too. Oh my God, we should totally bake cookies like we used to when we were kids with Mom. That sounds soooo good.”

Kouvr: “Just don’t ruin your dinner.”

Alex: “Ooooh cookies? Forget dinner.”

After a fun filled night with your family, Chase started to notice you getting sleepy:
“Do we need to head home soon?”

Kouvr: “You can just stay the night, ya know? You don’t have classes on the weekend and we can have a family day tomorrow like we used to.”

You: “Where would Chase sleep now that Nessa lives in the guest room?”

Kouvr: “Honey, you two live together. I assumed you guys would crash in your room when you came home.”

Alex: *pushing Chase, playfully*
“Just no funny business, bucky.”

Chase put his hands up in retreat while turning bright red. Kouvr noticed how happy Mads was finally getting much needed time together with Jaden and added: 
“Jaden can stay too if he wants and sleep in the guest room if Nessa doesn’t mind staying with you.”

Jaden: “I don’t mind sleeping on the couch. I want Nessa comfortable in her own bed as pregnant as she is.”

He smiled uncomfortably and Nessa knew it was really her sharing a bed with Mads that made him iffy. 

*NESSA’S POV*

Mads: “I’m gonna go shower and change but I’ll be back, babe.”

He kissed her quickly as she added:
“Maybe we can all watch a movie.”

He smiled and nodded but as soon as everyone left the room, Nessa decided to bring up the elephant in the room:
“Jaden… I promised you and I’ve never even almost crossed a line so what’s really bothering you.”

Jaden: “Nothing is bothering me? I just wanted you to be comfortable you’re like very pregnant at this point.”

Nessa: *still skeptical*
“Besides, Mads would never. She loves you too much.”

Jaden:  “I don’t know about that anymore.”

Nessa: “Okay, spill it!”

Jaden: “it’s just I’ve had all these really amazing opportunities coming my way and I always dreamed of this and now that it’s happening I feel- I don’t even know what I’m saying.”

Nessa: “You have to talk to her about this, babe. You have more talent than you will ever realize and I don’t want you to miss out. I know she doesn’t either.”

Jaden: “I just always thought we could make anything work because I’ve never loved someone like this but maybe everyone was right and the age thing is too much.”

Nessa: “I think you need to be honest about that instead of pushing her away when you’re not even meaning to. Someday the age thing won’t matter, but for right now you might be right.”

Jaden: “I have tried to talk to her about how I’m just in such a different place than I was a few months ago and wanting to grow together but she just gets mad at me.”

Nessa hugged him as everyone piled back downstairs in their PJs for a movie night. He snuggled up to Mads and tried to convince himself he could do it all.

 He snuggled up to Mads and tried to convince himself he could do it all

*END NESSA’S POV*