23‐ Fallout

You raced out to the parking lot and saw Chase hopping in his car. You called out to him but he couldn’t hear you over his music blaring. He was already disappearing over the horizon by the time you made it to your car and once you made it to the road, he was nowhere to be seen. 

You tried to call him and he rejected it within 2 rings. You exhaled a deep breath and decided to drive to his house. He couldn’t reject you in person. When you pulled up, Chase’s car was not there. Your head fell and you pulled your knees to your chest. You buried your head in your hands feeling tears well up at the corner of your eyes. How did this all go so wrong. 

You were racking your brain for ideas about where Chase could have gone when you were startled by a knock at the window. You looked up to find Avani looking across at you from outside the passenger window.

 You looked up to find Avani looking across at you from outside the passenger window

You: “I ruined everything. Chase hates me and I-”

Avani: “Awe sweetie, that boy is head over heels in love with you. You couldn’t ruin things if you tried.”

You: “I didn’t try. I promise. We were so happy and then- Wait- What do you mean he’s in love with me?”

Avani: “Girl, stop stressing yourself out about the crap that went down at school today. I’m sure he’s hurt but it’s fixable if you love him too.”

You: “It’s only been a few weeks, how could I be- I just- God, I love him. I do.”

Avani: *wrapping her arms around you*
“It’s going to be okay. Just go home and sort out what you need to and I’ll try to find him.”

You: “Wh- Why are you helping me?”

Avani: “Eh, I’m a sucker for love… what can I say? And I can see how deep you guys are already just by hearing him talk about you. It’s disgusting… but in the cutest way possible.”

When you got home, your parents were home and you looked like an absolute mess so you really didn't want to go inside yet. Avani's words to sort what you needed to rung in your head and suddenly you knew what you needed to do and put the car in reverse.

You pulled up to Josh's house and took a deep breathe before knocking on the door. When he answered, he was half distracted by a conversation with someone inside.

 When he answered, he was half distracted by a conversation with someone inside

Josh: "Woah- Uh- Now isn't a good time."

You: "Do you have a another girl over?"

You pushed past him, inside and came face to face with someone you hoped to never meet.

 Josh: "Uh- I mean you didn't seem interested in being with me so-"

Charli: "Who are- Oh God- Are you his crazy ex-girlfriend?"

Josh: "I can explain. She's not- I mean we're not-"

You: "You told her I was your ex? How long have I supposedly been the crazy ex?"

Charli: "For about a year?"

You: *laughing*
"Cool. Just cool."

Josh: "It's not what it sounds like-"

You: *laughing uncomfortably*
"You know what. I don't even have a right to be mad."

Josh: *to you*
"Look this was nothing. You know how it is. If I want to make it in this industry I have to collab with people bigger than me."

Charli: "You were just using me while still seeing her?"

Josh: "No, no don't listen to her. I'm the biggest creator in this town and we have the chance to use each other to grow even bigger."

You: "Actually, have you not seen lilpapiclown's account? They passed you a few weeks ago."

Josh: "Wait, who is behind that account?" 

You: "It doesn't even matter. Don’t you see that none of this matters? It's all bull."

Josh: *laughing degradingly*
"Spoken like someone with next to no following."

Charli: "She is actually almost at 1milli-"

You: *interrupting*
"You know what, I don't need to be here. I thought we needed closure but honestly I don't think I need anything from you."

Josh: *yelling after you as he loses all control*
"We don't need crap because you didn't mean crap. I literally cheated on you the whole 2 years."

You: *shaking head*
"I just don't care anymore. I‐ I'm in love with someone else and I hope you're happy with all that fame. I gotta go."