39- Fight 3.0

Before you could wipe the shock off your face, Nessa caught up to you both and cried:
"Mads, I’m so sorry."

You: "Wtf, Nessa? You kissed her boyfriend too? Or apparently more than that!"

Mads stood up and shoved Nessa back before throwing her hands in the air trying to find the restraint to not hurt someone who was pregnant. 

Nessa: "You have to believe me. It’s not true."

Mads: "I- I heard it from his own mouth, Nessa!"

Nessa: "He was just trying to protect me because the baby is Josh’s and I'm ashamed. I’ll tell the truth or whatever else you want from me but now's not the time the boys are fighting. You have to help me stop it."

You raced back into the school hallway, following Mads and Nessa. Mr. Petrou was standing between Josh and Jaden, holding them at bay:
"How many more fights am I going to have to stop between you?"

 Petrou was standing between Josh and Jaden, holding them at bay:"How many more fights am I going to have to stop between you?"

Josh: *wiping blood from his lip*
"He hit me first."

Mr. Petrou: "And I'm supposed to believe you're completely innocent?"

Josh: *grabbing his bag*
"I don't have to listen to this."

Jaden: "Oh shut up."

Mr. Petrou: "Let me guess… it's about a girl again. You mean in this whole school there’s not enough girls to stop sharing?"

Josh and Jaden refused to even look at each other as Mr. petrou led them both to their doom in the principal's office.

Chase drove you girls back to your house and listened as everyone talked about enough drama to last him a lifetime.

You: "I don't understand why Jaden would risk everything just to lie for you?"

Nessa: "I don't think he was thinking at all… he just acted."

Mads: "He's always going to have some sick obsession with protecting you. I can't do this."

You: "Maybe we don't get it because you and I don't have an opposite gender best friend."

Everyone turned to look at Chase who immediately defended:
"First of all, Avani wouldn't ever get herself in that position."

Nessa: "Um- Ouch."

Chase: "Wait, hear me out… but if she ever needed me I would do anything for her."

You: "You'd claim paternity of her baby she was dumb enough to really be having with a super-jerk?"

Nessa: "Again… OUCH?!"

Chase: "Hey, babe. I'm not the one on trial here so calm down. I would do anything I could to help Avani and you know that… she's my best friend. Just like you would your best friend. It has nothing to do with gender. Would you feel as threatened if he was doing this much to help a guy friend or would you at least try to understand?"

Nessa: "Mads, I absolutely promise you I respect what you too have. I meant what I said that I would tell the truth."

You: "What will happen when Josh finds out."

Nessa: "Best case he treats me badly the next few weeks then disappears after graduation. Worst is that he makes me suffer for the rest of my life."

You pulled Nessa closer to hug her as she shuddered at the thought. You couldn't even blame her. You wouldn't want Josh involved in any part of your life. 

Nessa: "Mads, please. I mean every word. Tell me what I can-"

Her pleading was interrupted by Jaden rushing in the front door:
"Mads? MADS???"

You and Nessa pointed to where Mads stood behind him and Jaden spun around before dropping to his knees and wrapping his arms around Mads' waist

Jaden: "You have no idea how scared I've been. Please, you have to understand it isn't true."

Mads: *standing frozen in shock*
"I- I don't understand."

Jaden: "I was never going to keep the truth from you."

Mads: "Look me in the eyes and swear to me you're not involved with Nessa."

Jaden stood up and grabbed Mads' hands, cupping them to his face:
"I swear on everything. It's just friendship and I am not the father of that baby. I was truly just helping my best friend. I panicked."

You: "Not your smartest move, my guy."

A look of relief washed over Mads as she disregarded your sarcastic response. She wrapped her arms around Jadens neck as she disintegrated into his embrace. 

Jaden: "God, I love you. I don't know what I'd ever do without you."