11- Nessa

When Nessa asked if she could come over for the 3rd day in a row you jumped to say yes because it gave you a reason to avoid both Josh and Chase. She’d been so clingy the last few days which was so unlike her. You wondered if her parents were threatening to get divorced again or if something deeper was happening. 

Suddenly Josh let himself in and your stomach dropped knowing your plan had failed:
“Hey, Mads let me in. Where have you been?”

Nessa: “I- Uh- I’ll leave you two alone.”

You: “Nessa, no. Don’t go.”

Josh: “Yeah Ness, stay. We can make a few tiktoks.” 

You: “I thought you didn’t want to film with any girls because you had to appear single.”

Josh: “Yeah but filming with 1 girl is a ship. 2 girls makes me a player.”

Nessa: “You’re disgusting.”

You: “Yeah, he’s only interested in filming with girls who have over a million followers. Who cares who his friends or girlfriend are, right?”

Josh: *pulling you into a hug*
“Awe don’t be jealous. You just don’t have a lot of clout that’s all. I mean all of your followers are either from me or because your daddy used to be famous.”

Ness: “His following paid for this huge house we’re in. What has your million followers ever gotten you?”

Truth is back before you were born your dad had 10x the followers Josh did now and had made millions and Youtube was a lot harder to blow up on back then vs tiktok now. He’d just gotten started when he met your mom and she became a fast fan favorite in his clips and they just fell in love in front of the cameras. 

It was awesome to go back and search for those old videos of them and their friends especially since most of them still came around on vacations and holidays

You came back to reality to see Nessa rolling her eyes and threatening Josh as he held her phone above his head

You came back to reality to see Nessa rolling her eyes and threatening Josh as he held her phone above his head. He was over 6ft tall and she wasn’t even quite 5ft so it was a losing battle. 

Nessa: “I don’t care anymore. Just keep it.”

Josh: “Oh my God, why are you always such a baby.”

Your mom heard the commotion upstairs and came up:
“Are you spending the night, Nessa?”

Josh tossed her the phone and plopped down on your bed next to you so your mom cleared her throat and hinted:
“It’s getting pretty late, Josh.”

You could see the look of relief on Nessa’s face and decided you were going to ask her about it after you two were alone. Josh seemed annoyed suddenly and when you tried to kiss him goodbye he just pushed past you and left barely grumbling out:
“I’ll talk to you later.”

You sat back on the bed next to Nessa, still not understanding why Josh was being so cold. You told yourself it was just karma for what happened the other day with Chase. 

Nessa: “I don’t understand why you stay with him.”

You: “We just have loved each other for so long. It’s hard to give up.”

Nessa: “No offense but what makes you think he loves you?”

You gulped down hard and all the words were swallowed with it. You couldn’t even choke back up one single reason because the truth was he hadn’t said the words I love you in months. 

Nessa: *noticing your tears*
“I’m not trying to hurt you. I am trying so hard not to but you deserve better. He flirts with other girls. I mean he was basically just flirting with me in front of you.”

You: “I actually saw messages in his phone the other day between him and Charli and when I asked him about it he lied and said they never talk outside of comments and when he left the room after the messages were gone.”

Nessa: “Give me your phone. Charli has me blocked after I commented under one of the ridiculous comments he made on her profile calling her a not very nice name.”

Before she could even open the app she saw the camera app still open and the selfie Chase had taken when you were last together. You didn’t even know he’d taken that, but you knew the next one of you two laying in his bed would open too many questions. You grabbed your phone, fast and told her:
“Thank you for trying but I’m over talking about Charli.” 

Nessa: “Let’s talk about that picture instead.”

You: “Let’s not.”

Nessa: “Girl please don’t destroy your social standing for that weirdo.”

You: “Mr Petrou is making me tutor him. That’s it. He just took the pic as a joke. It’s literally nothing.”

Nessa was satisfied by that answer and left it alone but as soon as you fell asleep you pulled the phone back out and stared at the picture for longer than you had any business.