accidental hybrid 2: chapter 38

" do you want to hold him?" i asked tyson. he suddenly looked up at me. "  really?" he asked. i laughed. " of course you can, he's your son as well" i said.

tyson slowly took alex from my arms. " he's beautiful" he said. alex wriggled a little as he tried to fit in place.  he kept still again for a couple of seconds and then went back to sleep.   " i can't believe i am holding him" said tyson. tyson began to stroke Alex's face continuously. Alex's skin was smooth. i had stroked it so often that it had soon became a normal feeling to me.

when i was sure tyson was comfortable with holding alex and alex was ok with tyson holding him, i turned to Ashton, i saw him looking at Jamie's dead body. i walked over to him slowly and held his hand. " its ok, he's dead and thank you so much for helping me Ashton, ever so much" i said. " its fine and i know i was almost killed but it was worth it to get the chance to meet you three" he said point at me and tyson then at alex in turn. i smiled. " it was nice to meet you to" i replied.

" you can go back home now, forget anything of this world" i said to him. " are you kidding, i've spent my whole life trying to find something to live for and now that i've found it, I'm not letting go and yh it seems more like i want to die cause of the example with jamie and all but its amazing and I'm sorry about before" said Ashton. " its ok" i said. " come on lets go home, i bet claire will definitely want to make sure were all ok" i said. 

" come on tyson" i said and began to lead the three of us with alex in Tyson's arms. " its this way" i said and began to lead them towards the door that took us outside and began to make my way home.

******************************************************************

we were in the field , not far behind the mansion. it was dark and a small breeze blew in the air around us. tyson had offered to carry alex all the way home which kinda made him slow.  he was dawdling at the back of the row that had seemed to form as we started to walk on to the field.

ashton was in the middle and i was at the front. i had ripped my dress at the bottom so now the long grass tickled my bare legs. we were almost there, we just needed to get to the gap in the bush.

i ran the rest of the way so i could feel the wind in my hair and the grass run along my legs. i laughed as i ran, happy that i was finally outside again. the moon shone brightly in the sky and i let its rays soak me. i felt so much better. 

i got to the gap in the hedge before the others did and as i passed over it  i saw the mansion lit up in the distance. it looked like it had been high lighted in the landscape so i would see it instantly like i had. i would have know where it was anyway.

i didn't bother waiting for the others but i did take a quick look towards tyson to make sure him and alex were ok. and they were. i began to take a slow walk towards the mansion . the grass was shorter on this side of the hedge. i just needed a bit more of the moon before i went inside.