17

Sitting on the rooftop of the apartment was Y/N. Two nights after the failed assassination on the ambassador, Y/N searches for clues about the mystery of the Screen Slaver. With the data he gathers from his ring, Y/N begins analysis of the hijacked broadcast. He traces the signal from angles of each of the broadcast. He follows the signal before something caught his attention. The beginning of the hacked broadcast is originated from a building not far from where he lives. He creates a homing device to pinpoint the signal. He changes into Green Lantern before taking to the air.

Green Lantern follows the signal before it gets stronger. He finally reach to the building before he goes inside to search for the signal. He knows there is danger lurking around every corner. He reaches to a pair of double doors before going through. He sees a single light which shows a few monitors on top of a desk. The signal goes crazy before it goes offline. Green Lantern slowly approaches the monitors before seeing what it looks like glasses. He picks it up before looking at it. After a while, he puts them down. He is about to leave before a fist strikes him across the face and he gets thrown into the ground. He looks and was in shocked.

Green Lantern: Elasticgirl?

Elasticgirl goes for another strike against Green Lantern only for him to create a shield.

He blocks most of the attacks before Elasticgirl leaps over and wraps her arms around Green Lantern's neck

He blocks most of the attacks before Elasticgirl leaps over and wraps her arms around Green Lantern's neck. He dissolves his contruct before struggling to break free from the choke hold. He sees the desk with the monitors before running backwards and uses his strength to jump and slams to him and Elasticgirl into the table, destroying it. He groans from the pain getting released from the hold. He collapses from the impact taking a breather. He looks at his friend who tried to hurt him.

Green Lantern: Who is doing this to you?

Then his arms were grabbed before Green Lantern gets thrown into the ground. He looks before Elasticgirl slams her foot on to the side of his head, reaches to his clenched hand and pulss his power ring off. He is changed back to Y/N.

Y/N: Elasticgirl, stop!

All of a sudden, footsteps were heard before stepping into the light was none other than Evelyn.

Y/N: Evelyn! Help me!

Evelyn kneels down to Y/N's level.

Evelyn: I would have helped you Green Lantern or should I say, Y/N.

Y/N gasps in shocked.

Y/N: What did you to Elasticgirl?

Evelyn: I just simply put her on a leash. She's under my influence.

Y/N: What do you mean?

Evelyn: Winston. He has this thing when it comes to protecting people. On the night of the break in, mother wanted to hide, but father insisted to bring forth the superheroes to come save us. No one came. Our parents were total fools to put anyone's lives at risk! Superheroes like Elasticgirl kept us weak!

Y/N: That was you father's mistake! So you have turned against the one you cared for! How could you do this, Evelyn?! If your parents were still alive and they see you like this, they would be disappointed!

Evelyn: If they are still alive. I know you want to bring the Superheroes back from the shadows, but that won't happen.

She snaps her fingers, sigaling Elasticgirl to grabs the goggles before placing them on Y/N's face.

Y/N: Don't do this!

Evelyn: You left me with no choice. The Supers must go... forever.

She pushes a button on a control she has in her hand.

Y/N: NOOOO!!!!!

THe goggles are turned on before Y/N falls into a trance. Evelyn smirks slightly wickedly. Y/N has fallen under the grip of Evelyn...