chapter twenty nine

TW???
katyas pov

time jump, 2 weeks later

"you ready?" i looked her at trixie who was putting the final touches on her makeup.

"give me 5 and ill be good."

i walked out stairs and began to eat an apple. today was the day we would go to the ob/gyn to finally take a look at trixie's baby. wow, its really odd saying that. she was probably at about 8 weeks now, ive lost all track of time with work. nonetheless, i was actually starting to get pretty excited about the little bean.

"ready!" she peaked into the kitchen.

"how are you so beautiful, it's actually irritating," i walked over to her and kissed her forehead.

we jumped into my car and began driving. i loved driving around with trixie, i didnt care where we went i just loved watching her basically perform concerts on the side of me while i drove.

"tumble out of bed and stumble to the kitchen! pour myself a cup of ambition!" she made a fist pretending that she was singing into a microphone.

i smiled over at her, nodding my head to the beat. her dolly concert lasted until we arrived.

i lowered the music.

"hey! i was singing!" she chirped, still holding her pretend mic.

"well, ms. parton, we have arrived so looks like youll have to have an early intermission."

she whined.

"hey, come on, its not that bad."

we got out the cars and walked up to the doors.

"ready?" i looked over at her.

"as ill ever be."

we joined hands and walked inside. trixie had a seat while i walked up to the receptionist.

"here for trixie mattel."

"and what is the birthday?"

"august 23rd."

"oh okay, yes mam, if you can just fill out these papers for us and we will need an insurance card."

i grabbed the papers and an ink pen and brought them over to trixie.

"fill these out then they will need your insurance card."

"oh kat, what would i do without you?"

"goodness, who knows," i giggled.

she filled out the paperwork and walked up to the receptionist. i watched her. i wish she knew how beautiful she was. i wish she could see herself through my eyes.

----- now trixie pov sorry for the change just didnt want to end the chapter there

trixies pov

katya and i walked into the room. it was small, but cozy. there were decorations and paintings scattered around the room.

"she will be with you guys shortly." the nurse walked out of the room.

we took our seats.

"how are you feeling? nervous? excited?" katya broke the silence.

"pretty much a jumbled mess of all the emotions," i sighed.

"you know ill be right here."

*knock knock*

the door opened, "ms mattel?"

"yes mam, thats me," i chirped.

"how are you feeling today?"

"im doing alright, a little nervous."

"and thats normal, lets take a look shall we?"

i lifted up my shirt revealing my small bump.

"alright, im sure you know, but this is going to be cold."

i flinched as she put the gel on my lower stomach.

she grabbed the transducer? well thats what katya called it. and began to run it along the lubed area of skin. katya grabbed my hand and we both looked at the screen. well, i was definitely pregnant.

the ultrasound tech pointed to the screen, "right there, that is your baby."

i could feel katya's smile without even having to look in her direction. she squeezed my hand tighter.

"do you know the sex of the baby yet?" katya peaked over at the tech.

"not really, i cant tell yet, but within a few more weeks we will definitely know. ready to hear the little one's heartbeat?"

katya and i nodded in unison. she pressed a button on the machine.

"what exactly are we listening for? just like a little thump thump?" i asked in confusion.

"yes, but um, give me one second okay?"

"okay, is anything wrong?"

"just give me one second."

i looked over at katya, "do you think everything is okay?"

she put my hand in both of her hands and placed a gentle kiss on my hand, "everything will be fine любимая."

soon a tall male doctor walked back in with the ultrasound tech. he sat in her place and began to feel around my belly, repeating the steps she did. without peeping a word to katya and i he turned over to the tech with a worried look, mumbling a few words then looked back at us.

"ms. mattel? right?"

"yes sir, that is me."

"normally we are able to hear the baby's heartbeat once you are this far along, but we cant seem to hear the heartbeat."

"what are you saying doc?" katya sat up in her chair.

"have you had any irregular bleeding, or any abdominal pain recently?" the doctor pulled out a clipboard and began writing.

"no, uh, no i havent," i began to panic.

"ms. mattel, im afraid we may have to conduct an emergency surgery to make sure your baby is okay."

"what do you mean make sure my baby is okay?"

a nurse peeped into our room, "the ambulance is en route."

"thank you, blair," the doctor said.

"can someone please tell us what the hell is going on?" katya was now standing.

"ms..?"

"zamo."

"ms. zamo, im afraid ms. mattel may have had a miscarriage. typically there is bleeding and some abdominal pain involved, but sometimes one can have what is called a missed miscarriage, which is basically a symptomless miscarriage."

the words became a jumbled mess. a miscarriage? it cant be. why cant something good just happen to me for once. i was finally excited for this child, i was excited to have my own little mini me. i imagined it would be a girl. i hadnt picked out a name yet. but now that didnt matter, because yet again, something i love is being torn away from me.

a team of paramedics rushed into the room, placing me on a stretcher. i felt so numb, i didnt move, i didnt care. lights flashed, a cacophony of voices surrounded me. then, black.